Tesla Model 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAEBIKECO

10 kW
This is a very good looking electric car. But for Tesla to sell a million of these they would need the price of gas to go above $4/gallon again. Then it would make more economic sense. I still say they need to team up with gas stations and create tens of thousands of battery swapping stations. But hopefully this car can be a huge hit.

Tesla-Model-3-610x372.jpg

Gas/Oil companies need to stay out of this electric thing!
A good friend brought a P85 to my wedding last year and give everyone rides it was amazing. He presold 1-3 Model S and 15+ Model 3 Teslas when they come out!
We don't need more expensive gas most people are fed up with the oil/gas companies sticking it to them people all over north America can clearly see the price fixing going on and governments wont step in to stop it because they get a big cut (~33% in my area!) Long weekend coming bam price increase. :)
Tesla will not be able to build enough Model 3s $35,000 is not bad for a tesla before gov rebates. We will be paying ~$28,000 out the door plus tax. I have 278,000km on my little 4cl car that I don't drive anymore because gasoline is to awkward for me and it has total cost of almost $100,000 in the 11 years I have owned it incl the $29,000 price tag of the car it self!

As well Tesla has not released pictures of the model 3 and it is going to be 250 miles (400km) of real usable range battery swaps are pointless as when you travel 250 miles a 20 min break is not a bother. You will need to take a few brakes. When you realize you only need to do a trip above 250 miles 1 or 2 times a year and 99% of your driving is less then 30 mile trips close to home its no longer an issue! Supercharging is getting faster and the new cable is liquid cooled with plans for higher then 135kw charging!!!

..?? Not exactly a new topic...but ..
The Tesla "S" is a terrific vehicle, both in external design, concept, and tech specification.
But Tesla's problem is transferring from a product developer to a mass production producer.
They are constantly chasing behind orders, (some believe to keep the " exclusivity". and maintain price point !), and release dates for new models.
But they are going to have to really scale up their production game if they are to become a mainstream, profitable, vehicle supplier.

Hillhater said:
Hmm?..
Just shows designers don't have a lot of fresh thought.
It's like a crossover between a Mod S and a Ford Focus ! :lol:
That's not a model 3 that's the model X

Guys, images of the model 3 have being out for some time. Looks a lot like the model S, but the rear is where you can see more differences. From front images it's hard to notice...

Model 3 rear
tesla-model-e-rear.jpg

Model S
2013-tesla-model-s-rear-three-quarter-1.jpg

Model 3 front
o-TESLA-MODEL-3-570.jpg

All images out there are pure speculation and Photoshop

I look forward to seeing this car blow away GM, Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, etc's next round of 2017 CAFE regulation-required compliance cars :mrgreen:

i just visited EM3EV in Shanghai.....

SHIT loads of Teslas and BYD electric cars there..... SHITLOADS!

I'm living like a neanderthal here in AU with 6+ Litre V8's our tool of choice ....

Of course i'm waaaaaay ahead of the game with a 2000W MAC motor and 100km range ebike!

petrol doesnt need to be sky high. The model 3 is in line with an average diesel car in price. Lets pretend you wont save a penny on fuel. I would rather buy the tesla as diesel has made me ill.

They subsidised diesel in france and now forty thousand of them die each year from the fumes. So guilt will sell these cars. People have stopped boasting about the extra 10 mpg they get from their wonderful oil burners because now we know how deadly it is.

I test drove the model s p85d last month and it was very solid, very safe and didnt make my eyes bleed from a clattery outdated monstrosity up front dripping hot oil and coolant all over everyone. It didnt blow me away like I thought but was a damp day.

Right now im having to move from my home on the south east coast to avoid the brown cloud that hits us from france 4 times a week depending on the weather. Ah well more woods to ride in, shame the weather sucks up north :)

Changing name to hermitdan

12486102_10153855651649524_6307989336115469803_o.jpg

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37245186.html

One thing I have come to realise is the super chargers are really meant for long trips. I was sucked in by "free charging for life" but it seems the stations can only handle 10 people or less mostly and they are getting jammed with locals charging for free. Tesla have started sending notices to people doing this reminding them its not ideal for anyone(battery life/people halfway through an 4 hour drive etc). Tesla now calls them destination chargers lol.

theres 4 super chargers in gretna green 25 miles away and 150 miles from a service center in manchester.

Id also be 80 miles from two upcoming ones in Edinburgh and glasgow but even then its within my cars range. I wont be going out too much anyway as I want to spend a year or two clearing pollution related illness.

So if I bought that house iv got a good 20k doomsday fund for solar panels and maybe water purifiers and a bunker. I need me a bunker ha ha.

Iv been living in a Rav4 for a year mostly (I became allergic to houses/oil/smoke and sewage treatment plants) so anything should feel fine after that but I do hate the wet. Mudgaurds time :)

no neighbors burning old engine oil constantly to heat their houses woo
hoose_zpsruq9fm7e.png

What are you planning for heating in winter ?....that would need a lot of solar !
Spend a grand or two of that fund on a ticket to Aus, you could find plenty of space in the north here, nice and warm ( :shock: ) , very little pollution , but the UV is a killer .....literally ! :mrgreen:

I have been known to turn full pakistani colour in the sun so that wouldnt be a problem. My gf has to do her deferred last year at uni after she gets an op on her shoulder so might stick around the uk for a bit and have a think but moving country is definitely on the cards.

So for now id just heat it with electric. Iv lived in a cottage on a hill in zero degree winters before with no heating so im fairly immune. Theres plenty of room in the front yard for a ground level 4-8kw bank. I use this in my car with a 20ah 24v ping for 2 hours of toasty air or ten hours of electric blanket. Would love an up scaled system
UT8pbmIXjXXXXagOFbXH.jpg

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/24V-300W-PTC-Car-Ceramic-Heater-Fan-Auto-heating-fans-cooling-fans-heater-fans-defrost-for/521302324.html

I have lost many a mate to oz. They went to visit an just never came back lol. How are teslas and charging infrastructure getting on in oz?

Tesla charge network here is currently about 10 ..enough to get you between Sydney and Melbourne !
http://www.caradvice.com.au/387888/tesla-supercharger-network-australian-plans-revealed/
..but the number of Mod S cars is surprising......considering they cost about 4 times the average annual income here !
Very few days go past without me seeing one or two, and this is not in the city, just suburbs.
I am amazed how common they are becoming , even Uber Taxi service has some on their fleet !

YonderGod said:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-09/will-the-tesla-model-3-really-sell-for-25-000

Tesla for $25,000 ?!?!

Sorry, but I can't see that happening. In fact, I'll bet they won't be widely available for a year or more.

What with all the losses in value at Tesla and Solar City (they took a huge hit today), I just hope Musk has the means to continue with such a large and complicated project.

Even if The #3 was priced at 35k (24k after CA & Fed tax credits) I would still buy a Volt (22k after credits) as I need a car that can go over 200 miles without recharging. My 2016 Volt will go over 55 miles on the battery and 420 miles total with out charging and on one tank of gas. It's nicest car I've owned, and I have had some nice ones. Porsche, Lexus, BMW (always in the shop :evil: ) and numerous hot rods.

Tesla had a very bad quarter. Their GAAP earnings were not good.

More people would be buying electric cars if gas prices were above $4

Tesla is re-investing all their money and their investors money in the model 3 and the giga factory. They had a great quatar but on paper it looks bad because they have bigger plans then just the model S and model x

What solarcity are you talking about??? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back