Using EV Chargers

Archive of useful information. This is not a discussion area.
methods   10 GW

10 GW

Re: Using EV Chargers

Post by methods » Jan 12 2020 2:13pm

Current Standards:

I promote JSON over XML
I promote BLE over WiFi (for future security reasons)
I promote Modular Approach that stacks over custom PCB's (Adafruit is leading the pack for innovation, cost, and support)
I promote an aging workforce over an all-greenhorn team (seen it fail too many times, respect your elders)
I promote high voltage over high current (obviously)
I promote no-tax energy transactions (as the desire to tax transfer is the biggest blocker to EV infrastructure)
I promote Honesty over War and Fighting and Religion
I promote Android over Apple because of their inclusive and open source ethos
I promote Arduino over all embedded, because it is the clear winner
I promote Graphical Programming languages like LabView and MIT App Inventor (because it enforces 3rd Party Check)
I promote nobody because they pay me to. . . and that is why my opinion is actually worth something

I use 3rd party Cell providers because they let me run on whatever towers I want or need for my area
I use Cable Internet over DSL because it is faster
I use Honda Generators because they are at least 2X better than the competition
I use Hybrid Cars because I often drive 3+ hours in a day

I treat life like a Johnny Apple Seed opportunity. . . planting seeds and planting seeds and planting seeds. . . every where I go. And, so that we are clear, I am not talking about planting human seeds - I am talking about seeding ideas. Keep sex out of the workplace, stick to one partner, make sure the partner you pick values children over all other things.

I promote robotizing the workforce
I do not promote Union, until they are ready to grapple with reality, we are robotizing the workforce... so please get with it.

Note:
I am an Engineer and I am out here all on my own. There is no "Corporate Daddy" sheltering me from rain, there is no Union assuring I get a fair wage... I work for what I have to work for to pay the bills. I have worked for $3.75/hr and I have worked for $137.50/hr. Engineers do what they have to do and we are looking out for you in the long run.

We are heading to Outer Space
Please get your shit together

-methods
Increasing battery voltage and controller current limit will result in a non linear experience

methods   10 GW

10 GW

Post by methods » Mar 16 2020 8:13am

Here is a very useful link:

CCS (Combine Charging System) Design Guide:
http://tesla.o.auroraobjects.eu/Design_ ... V3_1_1.pdf
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (272.92 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Backup of that on my servers
http://www.schindlerengineering.com/CCS ... V3_1_1.pdf

If anyone has a PDF of the ISO 15118 I would appreciate a copy of it.
I will post it or keep it secret, whatever you prefer.

. . .

Lately I have been doing a lot of hard core, low level, AT commands for communicating over 2G/3G/4G modules.
AT.png
AT.png (69.68 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
This has brought me back around to the requirements for this project.
HTTPS.png
HTTPS.png (74.44 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
HTTPS is really super simple.

0) Get some hardware (covered previously)
1) Acquire HTTPS protocol stack
2) Open HTTPS session
3) Send HTTPS request
4) Receive HTTPS response

. . . Have a look at the PDF linked. That is a very high level and very informative document. That is where you want to start. . . short of having an example.

If anyone has some Github - eh. . . anything at all that will compile. . . you will save me QUITE a bit of time.
(hint hint)

-methods
Increasing battery voltage and controller current limit will result in a non linear experience

methods   10 GW

10 GW

Post by methods » Mar 16 2020 8:31am

I previously turned down work in this area.
TWICE :confused:
Even when I was out of work.

There were 3 reasons for that

1) I was rusty with the HTTPS Stack, but I just got done doing a bunch of this for building a 3G IoT solution straight to AWS.
2) A cooling off period was required, as I had just left a competitor company, and I had access to sensitive information.
3) Although I left with no IP, the appearance of as much, would be no good for my career.

I often work as a Test Engineer or in the Validation of products, so of course I have access to all of the undulating guts and internals. That said, I also spent 10 years working for the Department of Energy. . . so If I say I did not open the repository, then I did not open the repository.

Matters not. . as every code (especially my own) carries with it a signature. Anyone trying to bootleg code is quickly identified. Even more important. .. any code that you do not truly understand is of little to no value. I roll my own every time.

I may start with examples (like Adafruit or GitHub) but I always end up rolling my own thru the Validation phase.

Anyway
Cooling off period has expired.
Willing to work in EVSE
Most interested in getting my own stack up and running. . . so. . . not interested in working with any Patent Trolls.

I have my own hardware and my own skills.
Looking for a cut-off CCS1 or CCS2 mated pair** -> Those are expensive bastards!

-methods