Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Hey Guys,

i have a question regarding power loss. When going uphill for some time I experience that
the output power gets less and less. The temp of the motor is at about 50°C.
But the temp of the mosfets inside the controller shows 72°C. Might that be the reason
the controller lowers the amperage? Should'nt it be able to handle a little more than that?
Like 100 or 110°C?

Thanks for your help!

PS: We are talking about a max-e

icherouveim said:
DasDouble said:
Im charging my bike from time to time at the schools motorcycle place

So are you a kind of teacher or something?
:mrgreen: Hell nah, Im not :lol:

Bolt83 said:
Hey Guys,

i have a question regarding power loss. When going uphill for some time I experience that
But the temp of the mosfets inside the controller shows 72°C. Might that be the reason
the controller lowers the amperage? Should'nt it be able to handle a little more than that?
Like 100 or 110°C?

Thanks for your help!

I hope you Don't have it inside your ebike frame if yes you must install it properly to have air cooling. 72 degrees is very hot for the mosfets, actually is the limit.

icherouveim said:
Bolt83 said:
Hey Guys,

Like 100 or 110°C?

Thanks for your help!

I hope you Don't have it inside your ebike frame if yes you must install it properly to have air cooling. 72 degrees is very hot for the mosfets, actually is the limit.

No it actually is outside...

Something is wrong. Do another autodetect.

DasDouble said:

hmmm okay, is there a description (topic aout that) somewhere how to set the motor up manually?
I dont trust the auto detect that much, but I'm not familiar enough with that stuff by now to do it
manually... Thanks alot !!

Bolt83 said:
DasDouble said:

hmmm okay, is there a description (topic aout that) somewhere how to set the motor up manually?
I dont trust the auto detect that much, but I'm not familiar enough with that stuff by now to do it

It maybe an idea to tell us the following values you have in advanced settings
1. Angle Corr.
2.Ind timing
3. Power timing

The values are as follows:

Angle Corr: +2,80
Angle Corr2: 0,00
Ind Timing: 0430uS
PWR Timing: +0,51
PWR Timing2: +0,51
OVS: 000°

The motor is a QS205V3

brumbrum said:
Bolt83 said:
DasDouble said:

1. Angle Corr.
2.Ind timing
3. Power timing

Look for the Adaptto instruction video of Doctor Bass on YouTube. It is about 31min long. For further question shoot me a PM if you are interested to ask me via WhatsApp for faster communication.
-Cheers

Edit: 4 the videos, see here: http://adaptto.com/Support/

wonder where he buyed it.

adaptto or probably normal in russia.....the sellers heaven.....after sales "no" support. no care about customers.
probaly dumbest ppl on the ebike market. could be the biggest ebike "complete package" seller on earth but goes every year the same shit way. :roll:

we pay near 1000$ for a controller/display combo....
now lets start the dream they would care like Justin/Grin work with the community. sry guys today iam only pissed about the crime that some ppl breath the same air as i do.

Bolt83 said:
The values are as follows:

Angle Corr: +2,80
Angle Corr2: 0,00
Ind Timing: 0430uS
PWR Timing: +0,51
PWR Timing2: +0,51
OVS: 000°

The motor is a QS205V3

brumbrum said:
Bolt83 said:
DasDouble said:

1. Angle Corr.
2.Ind timing
3. Power timing

I would try the spare set of hall sensors on your motor. Overheating happened to me, I swapped the hall sensor wires to the spare set and all was ok. It could that one set of hall sensors are badly positioned in your motor. Obviously you will have to do another auto detect

@Merlin I have had only good experiences with Adapttos support as far as I can tell. But I think that has been already 2 years ago from now.. But interesting statement.

Merlin said:
we pay near 1000$ for a controller/display combo....
now lets start the dream they would care like Justin/Grin work with the community. sry guys today iam only pissed about the crime that some ppl breath the same air as i do.

The support and e-mail response isn't that bad from my experience. I guess they are very busy now because they developing a new generation of controllers, so we should give them time. I am really curious about it :)

At the moment i have a 2WD unit in Moscow for inspection / repair.
Now i get the message, that it never was designed to work on a 4-wheel vehicle if it has both motors in the rear (it works only with one motor in the front and one in the rear, but still not optimal IMO).
However, i have explicit described the vehicle and application before i bought the unit, and it was CONFIRMED that it will work.

It seems simple: both hub motors are in the rear and both should do the same, but sadly the current Adaptto controllers cannot be customized to work like this :|

the main problems:

- PAS only works on one, the "master" motor
- The speed limits (which you can set in each power mode profile) only apply to the "master" controller (the "slave" controller has separate main speed limits, but not the eco, normal and boost.

other small problems like a broken thermistor in one controller, problems with the activ brake mode..

I have already asked for a credit note (of course for adaptto products) as we cannot that kind of 2WD unit.
Lets see how they handly my case.

Would it not be a solution to let both controller operate for their own? I would just take the PAS and split the +5v, GND and maybe some other wire up to two of them and feed two controller with one single pas... Have you already tried that yet? And in case one controller gives more output then the other, I would put an resistor between one controller-pas connection, so that the voltage goes down -> the supplied power. Now Im curious... :roll:

DasDouble said:
Would it not be a solution to let both controller operate for their own? I would just take the PAS and split the +5v, GND and maybe some other wire up to two of them and feed two controller with one single pas... Have you already tried that yet? And in case one controller gives more output then the other, I would put an resistor between one controller-pas connection, so that the voltage goes down -> the supplied power. Now Im curious... :roll:

Leaving you with two displays?

For what it's worth, I was one of the early adopters (and vocal supporters) of the adaptto products, but I am no longer using my max-e/mini-e's. They have all failed for various reasons, two failed while stationary. Because the process of support and repair is so painful I simply can't be bothered with endless cycle of shipping, waiting, follow up, waiting, being stung for pointless taxes etc. I am now using Mobipus on my main bike and it makes adaptto look very ancient and low-tech. Unfortunately Mobipus doesn't have the full feature set of the Adaptto, but it's massively superior in configuration, reliability, power, much cheaper etc. Feels like a real controller, not a toy. Mobipus can also operate in true master/slave operation.

I will be interested to see any new generation of Adaptto and will probably purchase if available, however they have had way too many issues with support, communication, non-existent stock, long lasting bugs and the next generation product has taken far too long to arrive.

So, I have a problem. I tried searching this thread with no luck.

I have ripped the BMS connector off the controller side due to ridiculously short cables that Adaptto does and obviously my lack of carefulness.

Does anyone have a pinout for the BMS connector on the controller side? Thanks in advance!

Hi to forum! And sorry for my english...

I have problem with Max-E.

Setup:

Cromotor V2
Adaptto Max-e
Anti-spark connectors: Jeti 8mm (300a)
Cellman/em3ev 88.2V 3.5a
2x 21s5p Sony 18650vtc3

Tech is about 2-3 years old and 2000km driven. I'm second user and about 50km driven so far so not in expert with Adaptto. Had few ebikes thought and know some basics...

I was driving at woods. Took about 15min break to cool motor (thought temp was only around 80C) and to play with phone... When I took off got about 50m and bike stopped. There was text protect at display. Tried to browse menu and to figure what's wrong. Tried autodetect and got "Halls error 2". Did not figure whats wrong so had to cycle home (bit heavy bike to cycle...).

Now I have talked to previous owner and googled a while but don't have figured out whats wrong.

What has been checked:
-At Health monitor all HALLS values change.
-At autodetect I got Halls error 2 and Halls error 1 (if I move wheel same time when trying autodetect)
-Thortle is working (haven mesured but adaptto throtle screen shows it working)
-Resistor what has blown with few users from controller. That got halls error 2 is ok. 3,7-5ohm (depending if I use chines MM or Fluke)
- Hall wires are soldered ok to board
- When I connect battery I get Protect but when I touch thorttle it disapears but nothing happens even when rear wheel is up from ground (at woods Protect was in display all time)
e: - In SLESS mode it's dead allso.

Here is some pic's and videos if it helps to figure out whats wrong: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3fvkm21nrkasru/AABsSBzB-iLSaW9acw3AG07Ka?dl=0

zooz said:

I have ripped the BMS connector off the controller side due to ridiculously short cables that Adaptto does and obviously my lack of carefulness.

Does anyone have a pinout for the BMS connector on the controller side? Thanks in advance!

Not sure i understand. Do you need to know what wires go to each pin, or do you need a new connector?

brumbrum said:
zooz said:

Not sure i understand. Do you need to know what wires go to each pin, or do you need a new connector?

I can use the same connector. I need to know which wire on the controller side goes to which connector pin.

zooz said:

Just answering my own question. Thanks to Alex, I have the pinout now for the BMS connector on the controller end. The picture below shows an inside of a connector where soldering goes.

Hy, can anybody tell me where to see on the adaptto menu what firmware is installed on the controller?

thx B

hello guys.
any idea how to wire a thumb throttle for regen with the maxe?
here is the one i will be using.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wuxing-Thumb-Throttle-Left-Right-Hand-Twist-Gas-Throttle-Scooter-E-bike-Ebike-/282069693454?hash=item41aca9f40e:g:LOkAAOSwOVpXYj9J
a normal thumb throttle from waxing.

abahanad said:
hello guys.
any idea how to wire a thumb throttle for regen with the maxe?
here is the one i will be using.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wuxing-Thumb-Throttle-Left-Right-Hand-Twist-Gas-Throttle-Scooter-E-bike-Ebike-/282069693454?hash=item41aca9f40e:g:LOkAAOSwOVpXYj9J
a normal thumb throttle from waxing.

It is simple, best to follow the max-e instructions.

Back