portable air compressors for tires

My 48v compressor arrived today but....
it seems to be 12V. It has car cigarette lighter connector not the IEC connector shown in the product pictures, no sticker saying 48V on the unit, and the motor itself is stamped 12V. I've emailed banggood for their story.....

alsmith said:
it seems to be 12V. It has car cigarette lighter connector not the IEC connector shown in the product pictures, no sticker saying 48V on the unit, and the motor itself is stamped 12V. I've emailed banggood for their story.....

EEGADS! Another 12V I don't need! Which one? Black or blue?

I pack Topeak Turbo Morph (with gauge) pumps on my bikes which are pretty big and push a lot of air each stroke - great pump IMO. Big Bens, Fat Franks, etc inflate pretty quickly so I'm not really looking for a powered pump. Still, this thread stirred me to spring for a 12V pump to air up at the trail head or to truck out to yard equipment using one of several 12V battery packs that I have on hand.

I came across this 12V pump on Amazon. Bought it on Prime for $20. The main body and compressor head are heavy steel/metal construction, weighs a ton (4+ lbs), pumps pretty fast (0.75 cuft/min), 10 minute run time, 14A max, brass fittings, removable hose, bag, and really pretty quiet. The gauge is crap, but once you know to inflate to XYZ instead of ABC - no biggie.

Anyhow, off topic, but FWIW it seems a nicely made example of this kind of thing if you are in the market...

Q Industries MF-1035 Santa Ana Portable High Volume 12V Air Compressor

MF-1035_compressor.png

alsmith said:
I'd be curious about what they say/do. I have one on the way and I sure don't need a 12V unit.

With luck bangood sends out the correct version or a refund.

To make them work ebay sells a few different waterproof step convertors in various voltages
I noticed larger amp epoxy sealed convertors but for my use I picked up this 36 watt step down convertor to power a multi type battery charger

Size : 46 x 32 x18MM

s-l1600.jpg

Input voltage :DC 15-55V
Output Voltage: DC 12V
Output Current: 3A
Output Power:36W
Lowest dropout: 2V
Output ripple peak: 100
Conversion efficiency:exceed 85%
Item Material: Epoxy potting, seismic, moisture, dust, long term stable and reliable quality
Protection: over-current protection; over temperature protection; troubleshooting automatically resume work
Super-thin, small size, high efficiency, easy installation and use.l
Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40 °c to +85 °c) (If the ambient temperature exceeds 40°c,please reduce the power output,Or enhance heat dissipation)
Full load temperature rise: 50 °c

The 3A and 5A versions cost about $7 the 20A version cost about $15 u.s and has a larger footprint but is at least epoxy potted

I’ve had one or two $20 issues with Banggood, it required a few pictures and two emails to get replacements or a refund. I’ve been happy and am a level 4 customer.

I know Banggood were on holiday but should have been back this week but no reply yet. I did send pics to them but haven't posted any here because photobucket.com stopped the hosting of pics without getting a fee which is too much for the number that I do publicly post. Speaking of which- are there any free photo hosting sites that are any good?
Oh- it was the blue one. It's easy to take apart then its just looking for the marking on the motor. I was concerned because there was a 12V lighter plug on it rather than the IEC one.

Just click the Attachments tab below the text entry box when you post or edit a post, then Open File and choose the images you want to attach to the post. (you can pick one at a time or multiple).

If you dont mind your photos being public you can use google photos although it tends to download all your photos at once then lets you set a folder apart for photos you want to link. Its kind of odd as my whole iphones photo set is on google now haha weed pictures etc lmao. Im not hiding from anyone fuk them Im living free :D

I use Google Photos, and don't have this issue. I only put the specific photos I'm actually sharing into a public folder, the rest are private as usual, and you can delete them if you wish, or load individually instead of the backup mode. Let's not get off topic here, if you choose any service to backup your photos, that's what they will do. There are other ways to load photos, it is up to you.

Does anyone know if the 48-72V compressor discussed above has a different motor, or a circuit to convert the voltage down?

To me it matters not as well but to others it could be important to keep some things private from government access.
I couldn't lead people into a privacy trap blindly as thats whats Google photos is Its a privacy trap that I could give a rats ass about but others might :idea:

I will say it again :D Goggle Photos will download all your photos off the device once you give it access. It does not ask if you want all your Photos online instead it ask for permission to access your Photos once given it immediately uploads all the photos and videos on the device to the Cloud

When I hover over the pic icon on the toolbar it shows Insert image

so I assumed only http links were valid not uploads.

Anyhow, thanks Amberwolf

Attachments

• 188_0036a.jpg
    188_0036a.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,476
This is a guess .. I think you may be able to attach the file then click on the file to view it then copy the image location go back a page and post it as a photo link. If you try it make sure to leave the file attached as well.

alsmith said:
When I hover over the pic icon on the toolbar it shows Insert image

so I assumed only http links were valid not uploads.

Anyhow, thanks Amberwolf

To show inline without hosting:
1) Click on the Attachments Tab below the edit window where you type your post.
2) Click the Add files button and find your file using the file requester.
3) Once the file is selected, you'll have an option to Place Inline or Delete file. Pick Place inline, of course.

I'm not sure if this threshold is correct or not, but I've found that making sure that no image dimension is greater than 1000 pixels seems to ensure that the image will display fine. It's probably a good idea to keep the files bytes down below 200kb and probably closer to 100kb.

I resized your image to 1000 pixels wide and it displays inline nicely.

188_0036a.jpg

Alan B said:
I use Google Photos, and don't have this issue. I only put the specific photos I'm actually sharing into a public folder, the rest are private as usual, and you can delete them if you wish, or load individually instead of the backup mode. Let's not get off topic here, if you choose any service to backup your photos, that's what they will do. There are other ways to load photos, it is up to you.

Does anyone know if the 48-72V compressor discussed above has a different motor, or a circuit to convert the voltage down?

still waiting for my replacement...

here it is for 48-72v. Simple. shipped here in the usa.

https://lunacycle.com/luna-e-pump/

mr.electric said:
here it is for 48-72v. Simple. shipped here in the usa.

https://lunacycle.com/luna-e-pump/

would likely stress out the zipper if packed in their triangle bag.

This thread has lingered with me since its inception - I genuinely needed a DC portable compressor, and managed to score a decent one at a local pawn. He had several, but I chose a vintage Coleman "Inflate-all 150". The pump dims are 4.8" x 5" x 3". Unlike the eBay example, mine is NOS and I departed the store with 12 bucks less in my pocket. It's a tad chunkier than the Asian examples I looked at, but I don't intend to pack it every ride. A quality hand pump usually follows me away from home.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Portable-Air-Compressor-Coleman-Inflate-All-150-12-Volt/232557152552?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50074%26meid%3D01539ec80f174937baf21e8dc9c42ecc%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D282864606003%26itm%3D232557152552&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Back