Darfon E-Bike batteries. How to get in US?

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
babarnicle   1 µW

1 µW

Darfon E-Bike batteries. How to get in US?

Post by babarnicle » Oct 09 2019 11:33pm

Does anyone have an idea how to source Dafron Integrated E bike batteries for shipment to the US?
Several of the Chinese Carbon frame E bike manufacturers are using Shimano engines with these Darfon batteries. Here’s an example of a real nice enduro frame option. But they use the

- Darfon battery E4C0G-(720Wh)

https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-full-su ... _p144.html

Any insight would be great. Thanks.

john61ct   1 MW

1 MW

Re: Darfon E-Bike batteries. How to get in US?

Post by john61ct » Oct 10 2019 12:27am

Well the frames are sold without the batteries, they just point to the pack maker, so presumably that's where you'd enquire?

babarnicle   1 µW

1 µW

Post by babarnicle » Oct 11 2019 6:20am

Ok. I guess I’ll try to contact Darfon and see if I get any information. With batteries that are now integrated into the down tubes, I bet the fit has to be specific for each frame.

Grantmac   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Grantmac » Oct 11 2019 11:07am

Will they even sell the frame to anyone but a wholesaler? Their website is ambiguous.

I REALLY like the looks of it.

babarnicle   1 µW

1 µW

Post by babarnicle » Oct 11 2019 6:47pm

Grantmac wrote:Will they even sell the frame to anyone but a wholesaler? Their website is ambiguous.

Yes. Light Carbon sells single units to consumers direct. It takes a couple of months sometimes.
Also Yishunbike and Dengfu have E bike frame options.

Shimano motors are readily available through a local bike shop. But the integrated battery becomes the road block.

john61ct   1 MW

1 MW

Post by john61ct » Oct 11 2019 7:05pm

babarnicle wrote:Ok. I guess I’ll try to contact Darfon and see if I get any information.
Please post details as you get them.

Grantmac   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Grantmac » Oct 12 2019 12:48am

babarnicle wrote:
Oct 11 2019 6:47pm
Grantmac wrote:Will they even sell the frame to anyone but a wholesaler? Their website is ambiguous.

Yes. Light Carbon sells single units to consumers direct. It takes a couple of months sometimes.

Shimano motors are readily available through a local bike shop. But the integrated battery becomes the road block.
Yes this frame is more appealing than the Dengfu and it seems from reading that lightcarbon may be a bit higher quality.
In my particular case I'd be using it for a different purpose so the battery cavity will hold something custom.

babarnicle   1 µW

1 µW

Post by babarnicle » Oct 12 2019 9:40pm

Grantmac wrote:
babarnicle wrote:
Oct 11 2019 6:47pm

Yes this frame is more appealing than the Dengfu and it seems from reading that lightcarbon may be a bit higher quality.
In my particular case I'd be using it for a different purpose so the battery cavity will hold something custom.
Are you making your own pack? The challenge is to make it so it doesn’t rattle around. Being internal in the downturn and all.
I wish this frame used a Shimano battery. Much easier to get in the US from your local Shimano bike shop dealer....