What about CA3-WP and MFSwitch and Aux input ?

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
Pegazus   100 mW

100 mW

What about CA3-WP and MFSwitch and Aux input ?

Post by Pegazus » Mar 12 2021 9:40am

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the new CA3-WP with MFSwitch.

https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle ... witch.html

I can't find any wiring diagram for this new cycle analyst, especially about the aux input.

So here are my interrogations:
- What about the regular aux input cable? Is it still there? If yes, is it connected to the same location on the electronic board?
- What about the possibility with the MFswitch version to add a 3 position switch? A potentiometer?

Thank you for your support :)

E-HP   10 MW

10 MW

Re: What about CA3-WP and MFSwitch and Aux input ?

Post by E-HP » Mar 12 2021 10:21am

Pegazus wrote:
Mar 12 2021 9:40am
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the new CA3-WP with MFSwitch.

https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle ... witch.html

I can't find any wiring diagram for this new cycle analyst, especially about the aux input.

So here are my interrogations:
- What about the regular aux input cable? Is it still there? If yes, is it connected to the same location on the electronic board?
- What about the possibility with the MFswitch version to add a 3 position switch? A potentiometer?

Thank you for your support :)
Interesting. The link on the product page to the manual is the same as for a standard v3.1 CA, which might imply it has the same connectors, and the pic appears to show the same bundle of connectors in addition to the Higo.

The interesting thing that hopefully you can report back on, is that the Higo includes a Key Sw pin, and the MFS has a power button, so it would be interesting to see if you can actually power off both the controller and CA via the switch.

Pegazus   100 mW

100 mW

Post by Pegazus » Mar 13 2021 3:50am

On my side I’m really surprised to find so little information about the wiring diagram and all the description of this new feature.

It seems that not so many people bought it yet.

socrace   10 mW

10 mW

Post by socrace » Apr 08 2021 4:37pm

Here's a sketch of my ca3.1-wp-mfs. Mainly opened it up to see where the buttons connect to internally, also to estimate a current rating for the power switch. It seems to use an active switch built in to the housing. The up/down arrow keys connect to 2 different resistors to ground. Working ok so far with my no-name ebay 120v 18 fet controller.
Attachments
CA31_wp_mfs.png
CA31_wp_mfs.png (88.2 KiB) Viewed 50 times
Schwinn hybrid 700c, ebikeling ddh, rclipo 24s