Sabvoton 72150 variable regen

eCruiser3k

10 mW
Hi everyone

First time I write here and the reason is that I cant find solution my variable regen problem. Im building ebike with new sabvoton 72150 controller and in the controller is 3 wire connector for variable regen. I also have brake levers which are between ground and "brake 0v" wire in the controller.

If I bring throttle signal to variable regen connector, nothing happen (I use my acceleration throttle with switch that I cut acceleration signal and move that to variable regen connector). I also tried variable resistor in the connector and that caused vibration when accelerate but variable regen did not working.

I use Bluetooth app for settings conficuration. I have tried to "e brake" and "regen" active and inactive.
If somebody can give me tips what else to try I would be very grateful.

Things what I dont know:

-Do I need pc software for variable regen?
-What is "high brake" wire? I dont have that but I have single "brake 12v" wire.

most likely you have to, while riding, first engage the ebrake switch input, then use the variable input device to change the level of regen.

try that first, and see if it operates as you expect.

ebrake swithc inputs are usually just used by grounding the ebrake signal.

ones marked high input mean you have to input a voltage to make themw ork--check teh manual for what voltage it requires.

First thank you for your reply, I tried to like you advice but immediately when I touch the brake lever it start to brake whole force (40A in my settings) and throttle not responding at all.

I believe my "brake 12v" wire is same that older controller versions "brake high" wire and it is not in use now. Well I tried to input 5V in it but it didnt help for my problem. Should I still connect that wire somehow? Based on the internet, it should accept 5-12V or battery voltage.

I'v been understand that these newest controller versions no need trigger the e brake at all to make variable regen working. It cant be rocket sciense, there is just some little thing that I dont know and no manual with that controller:|

TLDR : variable regen can only be set using a PC/laptop...

The phone app does not have the option to select "e-brake throttle", it can only set the ebrake to be activated by a lever. Which is silly and confusing.

:!: Beware! The app also defaults the setting to lever, so if you change anything about braking in the app, it also resets the "ebrake throttle" back to "ebrake lever". Which can be outright dangerous if you dont have the levers and rely on ebrake throttle only.

Tuning the max braking force while riding is not possible using a phone, if you wish to keep the variable regen.

Only when you connect controller to PC the ebrake throttle can be selected.

(That is assuming that you have the new updated firmware in the controller. If not, the lever must be operated first, and then the braking force is adjusted with throttle)

Other than that, BrakeLow should connect to ground to engage, BrakeHigh is either 12v or Battery+ (cant remember now, Better double check the manual)

Very good information again. So it seems that missing software changes was the problem. I downloaded pc software from mqcon.com and now connections works between controller and laptop but in pc software there is basicly same things that what is in Bluetooth Android apps i.e. I cant find mentions "e brake throttle" or "e brake lever". There is only "e brake enable/disable" switch just like in Bluetooth app? Im confused...

When the connection was build first time, every parameters was transferred from the controller to laptop software just like I believe was purpose.

So for normal variable braking I dont need to connect "high brake" wire, right?

Update: There is somewhere later software versio with that missing "e brake throttle" option. I need to find that!

Software dowload link provided to me by the seller: //quoted from aliexpress message//

You could refer below link for user manual and software, pls. check it if convenience.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u14dw5cbjqv9bm6/AAB4tM_ogPvXOnZuUL3yau9La?dl=0 
google play download link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mqcon.app.android.settingtool

//end quote//

Be sure to use the "MQCON V2.1 20180122 updated, temp sensor optional" version of the .exe, as there are several in the Software folder.

regen.png

This is what I see on my end. Select the "Ebrake-throttle", click "OK" to the right, then click "Save data" in the DEBUG tab (seen next to the MOTOR tab, right above the OK button).

As said before, this selection is completely missing in the phone app. Switching to the throttle here enables the function of variable regen, no lever-activation needed.

However, you should consult your seller if your controller firmware is indeed capable to do this (I bought mine on July 2018 and it can do it, so if yours is newer it should be able to do it too).
Good Luck!

xfrankie said:
Be sure to use the "MQCON V2.1 20180122 updated, temp sensor optional" version of the .exe, as there are several in the Software folder.

This right here. I was having the same issue with setting up variable regen. Now after tinkering with the updated software I have the second throttle with regen and its wonderful. Best of luck with setting it up. I had a lot of trial and error but eventually figured out what all the settings do for the most part

I also have the software for current unlock if you're looking to get your controller current unlocked :D

Now it works!

It took a while to test the dropbox software and variable regen because I had to order new second throttle for that operation but now I have working system in my bike and I feel that it is lot of better than stock rear brake of the bike :) And it is easy to use with second throttle. That electric switch thing, what was my first thought earlier, was not very nice. It was little dangerous because when I release the switch at wrong time it act like motorcycle launch controller so I cant recommend that for nobody.

PM sent to josephm15234

Many thanks for everybody who helps with this problem!!! Now with right software variable regen work lot of better :D

I have thumb throttle for regen in the left and it is pretty sweet yes.

Lot of stronger rear brake now vs original. :bigthumb:

It is hard for torque arms because motor axle rotation force direction vary when accelerate and braking. I need make those arms better in my bike, there is too much clearance now.

Hello, the link for the pc software is deleted..can anyone upload a link for this software with the throtle e brake function??

George,

Here is one shared bu another user with that updated software

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5fph-dcFoTE09kwI8wKYbXgV-61VyvB?usp=sharing

Back