Help,911 ...was riding in the rain and

R6bbie

100 mW
I lost a lot of power to the rear motor. it feels like its grinding on something. Lots of resistance. Lots of noise.
The motor wheel will only turn if I give it a little push then it will spin nice but with some resistance, any ideas?

the rear wheel is very gudgery? da da da da....

52v20ah battery with 1000w rear wheel 50amp controller

Please help this is my work horse.

when I apply throttle the wheel does not spin, but if I give the wheel a push the wheel will spin.
When It spins its loud and not right. What can it be?

I'm not familiar with the motor so can only offer a little.

Is there any kind of regular stuttering, like it's powering for a few degrees of rotation, then not powering, then powering etc? If not then it's probably ok electrically, easy enough to test with a multimeter if you have one.

If you try to rock the wheel is there any movement in the bearings? Ie,can the wheel rim move side to side in the frame. Anything under a couple of millimetres shouldn't be a problem but more indicates wheel bearing failure.

If both of those are ok then I think it's probably either something broken up inside the hub or dirt/stones got in there somehow, either way it would likely need to be pulled apart to find the cause but again, I'm not familiar with your motor and only basing that on other experience.

A rough feel from the motor when riding is usually one of the phases is not contributing any work. Check all wires and connectors between the controller and the motor for any problems.

Good luck

Thanks guys, Ill get back to both of you. This is a nightmare.
I took the rear wheel apart just now, I'm not sure that is the issue.

it's struggling to get power to the wheel. I can get it to move but it feels like I'm destroying something when I am riding it. It feels as if something is in the way. I opened the wheel motor and It looks ok inside. put it back together and I get this rough feeling, hard to describe.

Icewrench said:
A rough feel from the motor when riding is usually one of the phases is not contributing any work. Check all wires and connectors between the controller and the motor for any problems.

Good luck

Exactly the problem. One of them got damaged to the motor. Damn, I wasted a lot of time but I didn't check that 1st.
2k+ miles 3 or 4 problems, not bad? It's always this damn wiring. Wish I had a better connection with my wires, such a mess because I try to hide it

THANK YOU GUYS!

Case closed/

dustNbone said:
Hehe yeah. It's usually wiring.
After this “fix” it just rips to 35mph. It’s back to scary fast and hits 44mph again, I must have been riding with low power for 100’s of miles before, the torque is just off the charts. I love the magic these bikes can create, I wish the rest of the world knew :)

Back