Bafang SWXH Gear Change Swap Metal Nylon

zukster

1 kW
Okay - I give up. I don't want to wreck anything. Its amazing I got this far as it is.
How do I get the gears off so I can put the new ones on?

I already have the c-clips and thin washers removed. Using some needle nose pliers
in reverse worked to get those off.

This is one I just happen to have open. I'm not changing the gears on this one.
Its just a model for these pictures. The gears on it are okay. Its a different one
I'm going to be doing the actual swap on.

bafang-gears-01.jpg

bafang-gears-02.jpg

bafang-gears-03.jpg

Update.

I started playing with the little recessed rectangular button on the post and it finally popped off.

bafang-gears-04.jpg

And on closer inspection of a gear in place, it looks like you just have to take the c-clip off,
slip off the gear, then slip the new one on the post. Gonna save that step for the other one.

bafang-gears-05.jpg

That second pic makes it look like a radial or disk fan could be fitted onto the bell in the space between it and the gears, sucking air through the windings and pushing it onto the motor's outer shell.

You definitely have to remove the C-clips to get the gears off. They may still require a bit of persuasion. Good luck cause it works fine with a steel gear and doesn't P-nut butter them. The center studs(shafts) can be tapped out with a drift and a little hammer. This will make it easier to get the gears off of them!
otherDoc

Back