Yuyang king controller wiring

A buddy got a yuyang from Luna cycle. Bluetooth 60a 72v one. I'm guessing we need to connect the "power switch" wire to batt positive like the old xie chang, cause it ain't booting up. Confirmation before I crack open the case to trace it and pretend I know what I'm doing? :lol:

johnrobholmes said:
A buddy got a yuyang from Luna cycle. Bluetooth 60a 72v one. I'm guessing we need to connect the "power switch" wire to batt positive like the old xie chang, cause it ain't booting up. Confirmation before I crack open the case to trace it and pretend I know what I'm doing? :lol:

Of course. You connect the thin red "power switch" wire to battery +, when it is otherwise already wired up and it will turn on. You can put an actual switch there and wire it under the seat for example. Then you don't have to damage connectors by unplugging the battery all the time to avoid drain.

Excellent, thank you. I didn't want to assume it was batt + and fry it. Seems just as plausible that it could have been a 5v+ enable circuit.

Thanks again!

Anybody know the quiescent current of these controllers when it's not turned on?

johnrobholmes said:
Excellent, thank you. I didn't want to assume it was batt + and fry it. Seems just as plausible that it could have been a 5v+ enable circuit.

Thanks again!

Anybody know the quiescent current of these controllers when it's not turned on?

Very low, a month or two will take it down a volt. Turned on, a day or two will take it down a volt.

Be sure to set up an appropiate low voltage cutoff in the app.

Well, it worked. For about 5 minutes. As I was going through all the phase/ sensor combinations the ESC quit responding. Hooked up another ESC and the motor, batt, and throttle are fine. Bummer! Took the controller apart and no damaged or smoked components to be seen. Time to contact Luna.

johnrobholmes said:
Well, it worked. For about 5 minutes. As I was going through all the phase/ sensor combinations the ESC quit responding. Hooked up another ESC and the motor, batt, and throttle are fine. Bummer! Took the controller apart and no damaged or smoked components to be seen. Time to contact Luna.

Ouch. Make sure your connection to the power switch didnt come loose.
I have had it happen on a ride due to a cold solder joint.
You can also try to measure if you have shorted any pair of phases on the controller side, it will also show a short.

Back