BBSHD ROTOR UPGRADE

tomjasz

1 GW
Doug at California eBike shares the BBSHD ROTOR upgrade. Fitting a new rotor to previous design. https://youtu.be/S-l0utvnkFo

There's no way to get a bearing puller in there? I was cringing as he got closer to the magnets trying to pry the bearing off with screwdrivers.

district9prawn said:
Good thing the magnets are embedded in the laminations :eek:

Still, neo magnets are like glass.

eta: I looked at the video again and I'm not certain he didn't break the ones he was prying on. It might not be visible but there is movement in corner of the one magnet.

SuperSl0w said:
Nice video! But there is a new rotor available?

Bafang once again made a change, actually inproved the first version that has had a lot of failures. April 2019. Different size bearing. Needs changing for backwards compatibility.

furcifer said:
There's no way to get a bearing puller in there? I was cringing as he got closer to the magnets trying to pry the bearing off with screwdrivers.
Works.

furcifer said:
district9prawn said:
Good thing the magnets are embedded in the laminations :eek:

Still, neo magnets are like glass.

eta: I looked at the video again and I'm not certain he didn't break the ones he was prying on. It might not be visible but there is movement in corner of the one magnet.
OFFS, nothing broken. Promise. Demonstrated for most of us without a puller that fit. Nothing I have none that did. Obviously if you do have the right puller...

Back