Spokes in eu?

j bjork

100 kW
I have to build a new wheel for my QS 205 50H
I had a 17", but I plan to go 16".
The rim that came with the motor did´nt survive my offrod driving, so I hope a better rim will.

I have a quote from a company in sweden, they suggested a excel rim. Drilled in custom angles and with custom spokes. The problem is that the rim is about 2000sek, or a bit over $200. Then the spokes is also about 2000sek. and they want me to send the motor, and mount it for 900sek or another $100. So a total of about 5000sek or $550

I think it is a bit much, so I am looking at alternatives. I can get a sm pro rim for a better prize, but that is not with custom spoke angles. But I think I can file them a little if necessary, right?

But I will still need spokes. Do they have to be expensive custom, maybe there are short spokes of the shelf that I can buy?
Do you have a tip of where to look? I would prefer if it is in the eu, but other places can be interesting too.

I always buy from ebay. 20 quid and ages to arrive but its the only option for thick spokes.

How many watts? Up to 2000w, ryde andra 40 rims are excellent, and they retail for 25€. Sapim strong are another 25 over ebay. For more powerful setup, you can look into moped rims/spokes. They are actually quite cheap.

Thanks for the replys, it is for a dirtbike or mx rim. I don´t think a moped rim would last better than the rim that came with the motor. I have looked at ebay, but didn´t find what I was looking for there. I then found e-spokes.eu, I ordered 3,4mm spokes from them. I have not got them yet, but I hope they will be ok. :)

They are supposed to be stainless steel and rolled threads. I feed the motor about 20kw max, maybe I get 15kw max out

j bjork said:
hey are supposed to be stainless steel and rolled threads. I feed the motor about 20kw max, maybe I get 15kw max out

20kw!!! That's a motorcycle or even a car. You need complete new gear for that. Moto rims, motor tires and above all motor brakes. Not sure what this thread lost in the "E-Bike Technical" subforum...

Back