Anybody running more than 150 PSI in DNM USD 8S Fork?

rockstar195

100 W
Anybody running more than 150 PSI in DNM USD 8S Fork?

The manual says 100 - 150 PSI suggested air pressure. But I'm running a heavy battery. I set pressure to 150 PSI and maxxed preload but it still feels not as bouncy as without the battery on the frame. The bike is not running yet.

images

contact a suspension tuner, not DNM.. emmett on the stealth thread did some damping mods to his.. maybe worth a look for that.. or maybe try some slightly more viscous damping fluid..

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
emmett on the stealth thread did some damping mods to his.. maybe worth a look for that

I'll try to find that even though that thread is 661 pages with 16516 posts. = )
I'll also look into your other tip about using a more viscous damping fluid!

Found it! Thanks!

Here it is folks: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&p=978312#p978312

Can anyone explain what exactly Emmett did? So he added washers to increase volume? OR is it that he increased the piston length? I still don't get it.

Why are you buying the crapest bike fork in the world then putting an enourmous effort to make it half usable, just get a used/clearance good one for same price or cheaper.

Zoom is crappiest!!!

I contacted DNM and they said the stiffest spring configuration is to have all 3 coil springs black.

Emmett changed the oil damping characteristics by adjusting the oil flow shim stacks.. but that's best left to a professional suspension tuner.. springs you can change yourself, try that first.. also find out what is the damping fluid volume and recommended viscosity.. maybe adjust the damping viscosity if needed once you have tried the stiffer springs..

I think when I change to stiffer springs that it will solve the problem. I have a heavy battery and even with pre-load maxxed out, it's still not plush. My riding is mainly for the street, maybe different from what Emmett was doing.

Back