How to get rid of throttle speed limit?

Vikingimike01

100 mW
Hey guys! I have an 5000W RisunMotor kit, the controller is an "36 MOSFET 100A"
It has a 750c display. QS205 hub.

There is an option to set the wheel size. Do I set rim, or do I set tire included? I measured, it's 74cm so like a 29" with the tire.
Without the tire, it's a 26" rim. This is my first problem because I don't know if it shows the proper speed or not.. If i set it to 29" i am almost going 45 and it says 28-30

My second problem. How do I get rid of the speed limit of 25-28 KM/h? I don't think it's programmable.. Thank you all!

Edit: So, there are some options in the display. It has 4 power modes: Eco, Standard, Power, and Maximum. There are also 4 regens for hub motor regenerative braking, same. And, I can set Pedal Assist Levels to either 3, 5, or 9. I have it at 5. I noticed, in Standard mode, if I have it at the first PAS, i'll go 24, if I have it at 5, I'll go 28. Wich is more like 40 tbh. I had a motorized bike with a legit speedometer that was mechanic. I was going about 40, so about same with ebike.

Vikingimike01 said:
There is an option to set the wheel size. Do I set rim, or do I set tire included?
It needs to know the actual on-ground diameter, so it can count rotations along the ground. (some use circumference in millimeters to be more accurate, most just have a few preset wheel sizes).

My second problem. How do I get rid of the speed limit of 25-28 KM/h? I don't think it's programmable..
Most likely you can't.

FWIW, the power level it's at on the lower settings might simply be too low to be able to achieve a higher speed. At a higher setting it may have enough power to reach higher speeds.

You can use a simple bike speedometer (or a phone GPS app) to verify the actual speed.

You can use a wattmeter to verify the actual power amounts.

FWIW, there's not much point in including PAS levels on a 5000w (5kw) bike kit, so not sure why they'd bother. Some people do have a use for that much power and still pedalling, like me on my SB Cruiser trike, cuz I need it for traction at low speeds and high loads, but most poeple are really just riding a small motorcycle at that power level.

Thank you for your answer. Well, I kind of used a GPS app. I'm going 50 actually. And can go over 50. But somehow, the wheel size presets arent working. I can set in inch, or centimeters. Well, my wheel is about 75cm across with tires on. 26" rim. and when I sit on it, its about 72. It shows WAAAY too much speed if I set it in centimeters, I went lower, higher, it all shows a lot more. I am going 50, and the bike says I'm going 80 something. If I have it in inch, I can have it at 22, or 31, it will show something like 25-28-30km/h...

You have a lame controller. Possibly a lame battery too. Get rid of them and get something badass. Like 72v and ASI. More power, more torque, programmable, smoother, etc. You should be able to do more like 100 kph.

Back