Darfon E-Bike batteries. How to get in US?

babarnicle

1 µW
Does anyone have an idea how to source Dafron Integrated E bike batteries for shipment to the US?
Several of the Chinese Carbon frame E bike manufacturers are using Shimano engines with these Darfon batteries. Here’s an example of a real nice enduro frame option. But they use the

- Darfon battery E4C0G-(720Wh)

https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-full-suspension-enduro-carbon-ebike-frameset-fit-for-720wh-battery_p144.html

Any insight would be great. Thanks.

Well the frames are sold without the batteries, they just point to the pack maker, so presumably that's where you'd enquire?

Ok. I guess I’ll try to contact Darfon and see if I get any information. With batteries that are now integrated into the down tubes, I bet the fit has to be specific for each frame.

Grantmac said:
Will they even sell the frame to anyone but a wholesaler? Their website is ambiguous.

I REALLY like the looks of it.

Yes. Light Carbon sells single units to consumers direct. It takes a couple of months sometimes.
Also Yishunbike and Dengfu have E bike frame options.

Shimano motors are readily available through a local bike shop. But the integrated battery becomes the road block.

babarnicle said:
Grantmac said:
Will they even sell the frame to anyone but a wholesaler? Their website is ambiguous.

Yes. Light Carbon sells single units to consumers direct. It takes a couple of months sometimes.

Shimano motors are readily available through a local bike shop. But the integrated battery becomes the road block.

Yes this frame is more appealing than the Dengfu and it seems from reading that lightcarbon may be a bit higher quality.
In my particular case I'd be using it for a different purpose so the battery cavity will hold something custom.

Grantmac said:
babarnicle said:
Grantmac said:

Yes this frame is more appealing than the Dengfu and it seems from reading that lightcarbon may be a bit higher quality.
In my particular case I'd be using it for a different purpose so the battery cavity will hold something custom.

Are you making your own pack? The challenge is to make it so it doesn’t rattle around. Being internal in the downturn and all.
I wish this frame used a Shimano battery. Much easier to get in the US from your local Shimano bike shop dealer....

Back