How to disable cruise control? (KC-LCD3 )

phytema

1 mW
I have an e-bike with the KT-LCD3 meter. I tried to disable cruise control by setting C7 to 0 but it doesn't work. C7 is set at 0 but cruise control still kicks in. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Look at your wiring connection down at the controller. Some controllers have a jumper that must be in place for the cruise to work if I remember right.

AHicks said:
Look at your wiring connection down at the controller. Some controllers have a jumper that must be in place for the cruise to work if I remember right.

I can't check without taking out the controller and battery from the frame. The shop that built the bike for me made the wires in the controller inaccessible but I am 99% sure it does have a blue loop connector as shown in the figure below (not my figure, found it on pedelecs.co.uk).

Assuming there is the blue loop connector in place, is it impossible to disable the feature from the LCD screen? I am asking because if that's the case, then I will just take the bike back to them and ask them to fix it. Thanks

my controller.png

Sounds like you've already disabled it in the parameters. Call them and ask them to see what they say.

I posted on pedelecs.co.uk and one guy said that if it has the looped Blue wire then Cruise is set in auto mode and can not be disabled which means I will need to access the controller and disconnect it. The C7 option only works if it is unconnected.

Thanks all for your input.

Back