BBSHD throttle

Tony235

1 µW
Hey everybody I just purchased my first kit from Luna cycle!Cool company!!! I bought the off-road kit with the mini display and a Wolfpack 52 13..5 ah before I put it on my bike I have everything plugged in to test everything out.. when I push the thumb throttle it seems like it has one speed it doesn’t seem like it’s a variable.Like it goes from slow to fast I don’t even know what the speed is honestly. Does it have to be programmed I bought the programming cable?Or does this thumb throttle function when it has a load on once I get it hooked up(and weight is on the motor ))The Watts on the controller read about 85 when the thumb throttle is pressed all the way down.Everything else seem to plug right in it came with the XT 90 with the Anderson plug-ins I didn’t have to do anything there I plugged it right to the battery pack and then plugged in the other parts....I’m waiting for a crank puller to come in the mail I didn’t catch that one when I ordered the kit my nebulous mistake thank you in advance for all your help I’m glad I found the site if I’m in the wrong spot please let me know

EDIT: And welcome to the forum Tony!

It is hard to test the throttle on the bench because the motor goes to full speed with such a small amperage requirement. If the throttle works very smoothly you may be able to notice slight differences in speed at several points, but I would not worry about it until you ride it under load.

You are probably aware that for the last few years Bafang has been manufacturing the BBS02 (and maybe the BBSHD?) with a terrible flaw relating to the throttle/pedaling performance. See this thread for more:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=93977

Ok! I will look into that first!! Thank you for your response!!!I have not put it on my bike yet. No I can’t wait!

Ok! I will look into that first!! Thank you for your response!!!I have not put it on my bike yet. Though I can’t wait!

Back