C3625-EZ What wires to jumper to use without a cycle ananyst.

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
Lessss   10 MW

10 MW

C3625-EZ What wires to jumper to use without a cycle ananyst.

Post by Lessss » Jun 13 2020 4:08pm

Hi,
A customer of brought a bike to me to repair that had it's motor hall and phase wires severed. This took out the controller. I fixed the wires andcustomer bought a replacement C3625-EZ controller from GRIN. The previous one did not have a cycle-analyst or anything it just had a couple wires spliced together to turn it on and the battery has an on/off key switch. Well the controller they got from GRIN has slightly different cables and a different number of them so I can't tell which wires to jumper for ON.

I'm looking at GRIN's JST-SM connector pinout page (generic) but need to know what two connections to jumper to turn on the controller. They don't want to buy a cycle analyst. I'm not seeing a legend so S-, S+, Sp, ThO (although ThO is probably throttle output)

Everything else is all hooked up after changing the connectors to Andersons.

There is one connector with 3 wires of the 4 slots populated. I am assuming that is a brake cutoff (they don't have a brake lever either, I'm trying to get them to let me put one on).

The other is a 6 port JST-SM
I've located #1 (+) and see the others are all (-)

As it's a new controller I'm not willing to trial and error find the connections to jumper.
All the kits I've dealt with are a 4 pinout jstsm meant for an LED810 type on off control pad, or just a simple key switch back to the controller.

So what two do I jumper to turn the controller on without using a CA?

Thanks.

Hopefully this ez controller matches up with the ez motor colour code wise and I don't have to play find the 1 in 6 phase wire connection combination. :-)

I sent an email to GRIN but figured this might be faster.
Give me nuclear batteries I say!!

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: C3625-EZ What wires to jumper to use without a cycle ananyst.

Post by amberwolf » Jun 14 2020 1:27am

Lessss wrote:
Jun 13 2020 4:08pm
I fixed the wires andcustomer bought a replacement C3625-EZ controller from GRIN. Well the controller they got from GRIN has slightly different cables and a different number of them so I can't tell which wires to jumper for ON.
The manual for the controlle, on their website, lists everything, including which pin is which on each connector.
https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bic ... 25-ez.html
https://www.ebikes.ca/documents/eZee_Co ... _Guide.pdf

There are no wires to turn on the controller. When the battery is connected and turned on, the controller is on.

I'm looking at GRIN's JST-SM connector pinout page (generic) but need to know what two connections to jumper to turn on the controller. They don't want to buy a cycle analyst. I'm not seeing a legend so S-, S+, Sp, ThO (although ThO is probably throttle output)
If you're not using a CA, you just ignore that connector.

There is one connector with 3 wires of the 4 slots populated. I am assuming that is a brake cutoff (they don't have a brake lever either, I'm trying to get them to let me put one on).
Yes, that's ebrakes.

Lessss   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Lessss » Jun 14 2020 9:26am

This kind of controller doesn't require a break be plugged in to work does it?

We found the pdf for the controller with the error codes. Apparently we are getting 3 + 5 error a phase not connected. So likely a fake anderson to real anderson issue or musical phase chairs needs to be played.

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Jun 17 2020 3:11am

Phase not connected should mean (assuming it doesn't have multiple issues lumped into one code) that there is a high resistance or open circuit on a phase wire. That could be anything from the connector between motor/controller, to a phase wire into the motor (damaged at axle, etc)., to a winding failure in the motor (unlikely unless physically damaged or severely overheated), to a blown fet in the controller.

Lessss   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Lessss » Jun 17 2020 7:21pm

Yeah just got my hands on the bike tonight will be looking into it tomorrow. I'm hoping it's just a bad wire or connection.