Cruise control switch

Hickbeard

100 W
Is it possible to change out the leaf motor cruise control switch for one that doesn't look like a childs educational toy.

They've said the 1st & 4th wire are for the cruise. But another switch may break the controller. Surely if its the correct voltage switch it should be fine.

Thank you muchly
58faa57b069bbd9eb066209cf19241a3.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Looking at the cabling inside.

All 3 switches are connected to the white wire so that is common. Then each switch has its own wire as well.

So I could diconnect the other two switches and rehouse the cruise switch
0bf0c5e2cbebb0266934399ad342b90b.jpg

Is the cruise button just a momentary on switch? If so; you can use any momentary on switch you like. Just test the cruise switch for continuity.

I believe so.

It's just leaf threw me by saying a different switch may frock up controller.

Been awhile since I built a Leaf kit. Are they still coming with KT controllers? If so, I don't think I used a switch. Shorting the 2 wires (blue?) together near the controller just enabled the function. There's a parameter in the advanced settings that must be enabled as well. The switch doesn't actually engage the cruise. Engaging requires a speed in excess of 7 mph (similar to "walk" mode at lower speeds), and holding the down button on for a few seconds. Hitting a brake cancels it.

AHicks said:
The switch doesn't actually engage the cruise. Engaging requires a speed in excess of 7 mph (similar to "walk" mode at lower speeds), and holding the down button on for a few seconds. Hitting a brake cancels it.

In my observation, any input at all— engaging the throttle or pushing any console button— disengages cruise control. I don’t use e-brake levers, but have never failed to interrupt it when I wanted to.

I played with my cruise function a bit when I first got a KT controller, but the kind of short-hop city riding I do doesn’t really lend itself to using cruise control. Too many stops, no long uninterrupted stretches, and no practical reason to conserve battery capacity. I don’t find it uncomfortable to hold open my half twist throttle.

NOT on my ebike drive.
while in CRUSE mode I can use throttle as many times as I like and it still stays in CRUSE,
of course pulling brake lever engages regen and CRUSE turns off.
I ride on EPLUS ebike drive.

Back