LCD8H for Rad Mini battery shows empty and bike not working

thefalc

1 µW
Hi, I bought a LCD8H and 25a Controller for Rad Mini from electrobikeworld.com for a 2018 rad mini. It was working just fine, then after disconnecting the controller to move it and plugging everything back in, the battery meter reads empty, and the bike doesn't work. The display comes on, shows me the voltage @ 52v (it's a 48v stock battery btw), but motor doesn't exist. I purchased a replacement controller, installed it, same problem. Didn't change any of the settings, but I have finagled with them a bit. No luck. Bike is a brick. Please help me. If you have a decent bike for sale in Seattle area that I can purchase tomorrow, that would also be great, because I'm screwed.

TL;DR: LCD8H w/ 25A controller from electrobikeworld stopped showing a battery level and now doesn't work. Replaced controller, same problem.

I can't troubleshoot this any further as I don't have access to any documentation to their proprietary software that would indicate what the problem would be causing the battery to appear empty and the bike to not work. Any help would be greatly, no massively helpful. Cheers!

thefalc said:
Any help would be greatly, no massively helpful. Cheers!
Check that PAS is not "0".
Try to activate "6KM / H power assistant push function"
Try turning on the controller without a display. (A jumper in the connector).
Check the pins in the display connector.

Back