Cycle Analyst v3 + phase-runner : using the throttle as regen brake ?

Jil

1 kW
Hi,
Is it possible to set up a simple throttle (the one provided by Grin with the GMAC kit) only for regen braking ?
I don't need a throttle for the motor, as I prefer using a PAS.

What is the procedure ?

Could someone help me ?
I would just like to know how to set up my Cycle Analyst (or my Phaserunner), I have found no information on Grin's documentation.

Jil said:
Could someone help me ?
I would just like to know how to set up my Cycle Analyst (or my Phaserunner), I have found no information on Grin's documentation.

Sorry, I can't help, but by reading the manual, it looks like you'd set your throttle mode to disabled, and set the ebrake mode to proportional regen. Then you can tweak the brake out voltage if you want, to adjust the initial braking force. Maybe it's more complicated than that, but that's what I get from the manual.

Thanks !
If somebody else can propose me a solution, I take it ;)

Page 27 of the CAS3 CycleAnalyst_V31_Web.pdf tells you have to set it up for variable regen with a throttle.

Using PAS is the way I ride my trike. I did not want to use the brake lever to activate it but is the easiest. Add a throttle and change some settings to your liking and your done.

My throttle is active above 0.5 kph, so it does not work while setting still, need to peddle first or push the trike above min speed.
do use my throttle to speed across intersections or steep hills but 99% of the time don't use it. Have not looked for a way to completely disable it. People do run two throttles one for regen only. If it's a legal thing and not temptation of using it.

Will look for a feature that disables it.

with a quick read you can set the no peddle speed to anything you want. 0 kph would disable throttle when not peddling but it would work while pedaling and over rides pas input, which the max watts would be set to max pas watts which would not give a benefit of touching the throttle. You could set it to walking speed to walk along with the bike.

There may be another work around if needed.

No, thanks :)
Indeed I think that I will finally replace my old hydraulic rear brake by a mechanical one, and use a brake cut-off lever that I have in stock to activate the regen (and still keep the mechanical rear brake for emergency).
And remove the throttle.

Back