Puma CST or Banfang CST for KT controller?

lqbweb

1 W
My q128c (9rpm/v) mounted in a folding bike with 20 inches wheel is trashed. It just stopped running and it is making strange mechanical noises even unplugged.

I was powering it with a KT controller that I adapted for 52V/20A (14S battery).

It did not last long, maybe 1000-2000km.... So I am looking for a stronger alternative that I can still use it with this controller.

Which one would it be better for my setup? What is the erpm that I should be looking at, to avoid problems with this controller?

thanks!

My Q128C did the same thing......The motor threw two magnets off the armature.
Fix was to re-glue all magnets with locktite ea9394 Areo-grade epoxy.
This happened to two motors. One after 2000 miles, the other 1000 miles.
I overvolt my 36V motors @48V and run the piss out of them.
Combination of heat (breaks down epoxy adhesives and high motor RPMs (30MPH on 20-inch wheels on Trikes) did them in.
Fix is solid and have no repeat problems. The glue I used is expensive ($70 for 50ml dual-mix applicator....I bought an expired sealed applicator for $15) though.

lqbweb said:
My q128c (9rpm/v) mounted in a folding bike with 20 inches wheel is trashed. It just stopped running and it is making strange mechanical noises even unplugged.

I was powering it with a KT controller that I adapted for 52V/20A (14S battery).

It did not last long, maybe 1000-2000km.... So I am looking for a stronger alternative that I can still use it with this controller.

Which one would it be better for my setup? What is the erpm that I should be looking at, to avoid problems with this controller?

thanks!

Those are two totally diffrent motors you're mentioning. Puma is a german rebrand for the cutler mac hub motor
. Not only it costs more than three times the price of a cheap bafang, but it's also a lot stronger and comes with a high poles number which doesn't do well with KT controllers. It will definitely get you over any moutain, especially in a 20" wheel, but you'll require torque arms on your dropout to avoid destroying your frame.
In the same power category than a q128, you have mxus xf15 - cheap and quite reliable, shengyi X2 which is super quiet, and the bafang cst you mentioned. All three work fine with a KT controller and can take up to 800W.
Next power category would be mac, mxus gdr 19 and bafang g360.500, with the mxus beeing by far the cheapest and the only one that could work with a KT controller at that rpm level (20" wheel), but that motor can be very noisy. (had one here, sold it because of the noise)

Thanks guys, I decided to queue up for a Nucular 6F controller, and a Puma/Mac 8T. I will try to fix the q128c in the future and use it in another setup, thanks a lot for the suggestions.

It actually surprised me this thing with the q128c, I have two q100h pulling 1000w and they keep up strong with 12.000km at least.

Back