BUILD/HELP ME - BBSHD to ASI855 wiring harness

okp

100 kW
Hello,

I bought a ASI855 from Martin but he's a very busy guy and I didn't get the BBSHD harness. It's surprising as I noticed that it was usually sold as part of the kit. So well... unless I find one somewhere which seems very hard. Electron Cycles in UK don't sell only the harness as an example.

In a nutshell this is what I need to build

bca5ab2deab812b6382dfc313ca0f0f6e2c9e41a_2_690x442.jpeg

So I'm going to try to build it myself and share with you this journey. I'm sure it's not ultra hard but I want to get it right and I'm missing some connectors.

I had a harness provided with the BBSHD, so I decided to cut at the end of the 8 PIN connector in order to use these pins.

24dbdc3fe2cb4c619e9ea487ce3dba385894865c_2_375x500.jpeg

c37485ae27f718d8fbcb96ddffcc27c0ce94a53c_2_375x500.jpeg

92550839bf09ee53366f4ff4c6b28056872d15d6_2_375x500.jpeg

so I'm here with 13 wires. I believe I'm going to wire them directly to the ASI connector but I'm wondering if I need to split some of them or just go 1 to 1...

I'm also looking for all the connectors that I have from the BBSHD controller so I can replicate the same connectivity with the BBSHD motor. I could cut them and use the BBSHD controller ones but in case I want to sell or use later on my BBSHD controller.. I prefer to buy new connectors. I will not need the 13 pin (will wire it directly to the ASI) neither the battery cables (will be using XT90).

Does anyone knows the reference of each connector that you see on the photos below?

72c66eade15491eb53bbc00cbf76f0f7fa76c081.jpeg

ae04b9636e95ea2bfef6be90db7d8b61ba092888_2_375x500.jpeg

We'll need that later but this is the BBSHD diagram

34ba18a1890d64b8bf2b7ad19edc2eae7a4e9943_2_499x500.jpeg

and this is the ASI diagram

5802ebc65a4e4f5a8ad1b7f5cde2814cf198d621_2_382x500.png

Looking forward to your advices and I hope this topic will be useful to others !

Hi ! I have a BAFANG harness for the ASI BAC 855 which i'm not using.
Quality is not 100% but it's working.
I got it from ERT.

I can also help you if you have any questions.

What features would you like having?

Throttle? PAS ?
Original display?

Do you have an acces code for the BAC ?

Regards

Maybe this can be usefull for you,

I made a diagram of how I connected my last bike to the ASI controller.
Ofcourse it depends on the input you selected in the software.

117538388_296165958389296_6118272185023786717_n.jpg

thanks mate - I sent you a PM.

Something is a bit worrying me. on my actual setup I connect the Eggrider v2 as stock replacement. So pins are exactly the same... which also mean that on the BBSHD harness the pin on the 13T are wired exactly for stock display...

but when I see that... I'm confused.

cf375ecbf7b291cbab28033c9df461ffe0cf522e.png

103577a1e79d6ba9b2cc554295271c38cbb60c9e.jpeg

does this mean I cannot use the 13 pin, or do I need to cut only before the end of the display connector and rewire the GND & PL appropriately (in other terms swap the two wires) ?

That is correct,
Knipsel.PNG

You need to mirror the 2 since you are connecting them .
1 goes to 1
2 to 2
Etc.

Nothing to worry, you will be fine :)
Eggrider is a great display with the ASI :)

Hello

I am looking for the same writing harness for a bafang bbshd, I got the así BAC 855 but came without the harness just the jst connector to be crimped, but I am struggling to figure out all the connections:
Speed sensor to controller
The screen, I got confused because in the manual of the así BAC said connect b+ key in with key out, together? But they have different pin positions in the controller
Brakes
Hall
And finally the black connector with 4 cables black and red I think it is for battery but the white and grey

The screen I got is the 750c

Thank you very much

I bought a cyc 3,000 kit upgraded to asi 855 and would not work contacted cyc and they said I needed the Bluetooth wiring harness so after 5 weeks waiting for my mid Drive motor I had to wait another three weeks for them to send me the Bluetooth wiring harness. I sent my battery out to my builder for his Bluetooth BMS I haven't received my battery back yet so I haven't been able to finish up connecting this six-month-old project.
But yes there are two different wiring harnesses one for Bluetooth and one for the stock controller non Bluetooth.
Plus had two bad experiences with E.R.T.
Good luck

Thank you for your advise
I am just looking for the wiring harness to build by myself but I need a bit more information

Hello,

Be very carefull and check twice your connections to the display !

You have to know that Bafang connections plug or ERT or ASI mode are differents , and you can break your display or controller with wrong signal between controller and display.

i break 1 Bafang controller and 2 displays using wrong cables !

On Bafang type, P+ is sended to the display, and it's Battery voltage. It allow capture analog battery voltage.

On ERT/NXT display, or Eggriger (Asi mode), 12V is sended to the display for power and the voltage value is sended by the controller in ASI Mode by software. This allow use more than 60v Battery. Or you have to use modified 750C display (for >60v)

What kind of display you want to use ?
What is your battery voltage ?

Hello

I have a 750c display but not modified, do you know how or where I can check to do it by myself?
I already order a 72v battery.

I have the asi BAC 855 controller y bafang bbshd

Thank you very much for your answer Olivier2604

Hello, I also bought an asi bac 855 for my bbshd and need a little help regardig the harness!where do i need to connect the speedsensor and the different hall Sensors for PAS and motor? I am using the eggrider display and a 52v battery...
Thank you very much!Best Regards

I am in the same boat.
I have BBSHD, a BAC-855 and NXT and CA3 display but no response on either display.
so I am thinking harness faulty?

Hi guys, just wondering where you purchase your Bac855 from as I would like to setup with a BBSHD and eggrider

I have a as I back 855 BT controller from Cyc as an upgrade it never worked. After 2yrs and 50 or 60 emails to Cyc and instructions and different pinouts as if it was going to work. I was riding my hub motor lyen controller.
And he had a working Cyc mid drive. He told me that his friend had a 855 Bluetooth and it bricked up. With this information I contacted Cyc and after long stories and lots of emails they offered me their new in-house x6 controller for $90 I didn't have a choice as I paid $1,100 for the kit so far.
The new XX controller works but the psych mid drive makes a bit of noise and quite a bit of power.

But bottom line for you I have a brand new ASI BAC 855 Bluetooth controller that's bricked up I'll sell that to you with about two or three sets of harnesses as they had to send a Bluetooth harness that I had to wait 5 weeks for.
Plus they gave me the pin out for the 855 controller as if I was going to cut all the wires and remade them to another controller.
So Yes I have an 8:55 controller make me an offer as it doesn't work I don't think it ever will. It may not be ASI fault as there a Canadian company. Cyc is from Taiwan I think and try to set up their own programming for the ASI controller as I know it but a two and a half year nightmare.
Yes of course I'm mad but I couldn't buy an ASI controller again No 855 or 2,000 controller.

Yeah they sent me this ASI controller with the wrong wiring harness the one with the red tape and then they sent me another one who had a broken connector on it a manufacturer's defect extra piece of plastic inside of the connector when it was manufactured but they're supposed to pick it up on quality control them and they sent me a third wiring harness remember you have to talk to him and it takes 3 to 5 weeks to get the wiring harness so add up to 3 weeks plus timing between the test and try to install damn nightmare.
Yeah I have a ASI controller you can buy it if you want
I guess the first wiring harness with the red tape on it doesn't have the correct Bluetooth connectability somewhere along its lines.

It could be that ASI BAC Canada have the same bad taste as I do when they sold their controller to CYC mid drive motors it looks like Justin's using them up in Canada. So they must work I still hate them.

Hi Guys :)

does any body know the pedal sensor type in a hd motor and how many pulses per revlutiojn it should be? There ar 4 wires from the mtor Red, Black, Grey and white...?

is it one of these?

There are 4 pedal sensor archetypes:

• Single output dual hall sensors produce an output only in the forward direction.
  • Single output single hall sensors produce a different length pulse in one direction or the other.
  • Two output pedal sensors where the direction is encoded as a quadrature signal.
    • Usually, this type is used with pedal-torque sensors. See torque sensors to setup torque sensor functionality.
  • Pulse and direction sensors (not yet supported)
The following pedal cadence sensor types are supported:

• Single Hall digital pedal cadence
  • Single output, dual Hall digital pedal cadence
  • Single Hall reverse digital pedal cadence
  • Quadrature speed (Sine/Cosine) digital pedal cadence
  • Quadrature torque with (Sine/Cosine) digital pedal cadence
  • Single Hall torque sensor (e.g.: Methode)
  • Single Hall reverse torque sensor (e.g.: LDS)

Example 2: Two output pedal cadence sensor (Quadrature speed)​

Two signal pedal speed sensors typically have 4 wires: 5V or 12V, GND, Sine signal and Cosine Signal. The Sine signal must be wired to PFS/Digital input 2 and the Cosine signal to Cruise/Digital input 1.

1704986503830.png

Maybe this can be usefull for you,

I made a diagram of how I connected my last bike to the ASI controller.
Ofcourse it depends on the input you selected in the software.

View attachment 280574
Bafang PAS wires:
1. Red cable - goes to pin 11 of ASI bac855?
2. Black cable - goes to pin 16/?
3. White cable - which pin no.?
4. Grey cable - which pin no.?

Back