I would like to know some opinions/recommendations about upgrading my ebike.
Currently i own a "Klever x speed pure' ebike. it has the following specs:
- Wheel size 27.5"
- speed 28 mph
- hub power 600 W
- torque 49 Nm
- Hydraulic disc brakes - Magura MT4e (180 mm)
- Battery 48V 850 Wh
- Gears Shimano Deore XT 10-speed
I would like to upgrade the speed. My goal would be top speed of 40 mph (including an effort by the driver on the pedals).
The speed is now limited by the controller. The speed is measured from the hall sensors (counting pulses) so only a software modification could remove the speed limit. Since its not open source I don't think that's easy to achieve.
my requirements are as follows:
- keep current Battery + mounting system
- keep current brake levers ( they are equipped with a sensor that detect if the brake is pressed)
- keep the 10 gears available
- keep the Hydraulic disc brakes
- keep rotation sensor at the crank
- no use of a throttle lever, motor assistance must be based on the selected assist level on the LCD + input of the rotation sensor
- nice to have; also include torque sensor input to determine level of assistance (torque sensor in rear dropout)
i was thinking about buying a kit with a 1500 Watt 27,5 inch rear wheel, LCD and controller.
But i could not find such kit for a 10 speed cassette, also I'm not encountered a controller that is not making use of a throttle lever. do you guys have any recommendation for my requirements? or maybe any a complete other idea to achieve a higher top speed (mounting a bigger rear wheel is not possible because of the space between the frame and wheel).
Thanks in advance