TSDZ2, no Pedal Assist?

Gully.Moy

1 mW
I've started installing a brand new 750w TSDZ2 on a bike for my partner. I tested it with throttle before I began and it seemed fine. I've now got the motor mounted in the bottom bracket shell so thought it would be a good moment to test the pedal assist. So I turn the cranks but don't feel like I'm getting any assistance, even on 'turbo'. I've plugged in the speed sensor and brake levers and made sure they're fully closed. Throttle is still fine. I've even tried spoofing the speed sensor with magnet as I turn cranks to get a low speed reading, but I'm still not feeling any assistance and I imagine speed reading isn't required for pedal assist?

So now I'm worried the torque sensor isn't working. But maybe I'm paranoid. I ride a BBS02 (no torque sensor) so am used to sudden jolts from the pedal assist. Is it just that I'm not producing much torque when turning the cranks with the chain off, so it's not assisting much? Still, I thought I'd feel something on maximum assistance. I don't really understand torque sensors, but I tried turning faster and against a load (other hand resisting).

I guess I should finish putting it all together and try it when finished, but I'm reluctant to put the time in, if only to to take it apart again if broken. Plus slightly worried supplier (PSW POWER) might be more awkward on returns if I've fully fitted it.

Any ideas? Am I missing something stupid!?

Cheers!

Testing it on a stand isn’t really going to work. You need to give it a proper ride. I’m sure it will be fine once you put some proper pressure through the pedals.

It does seem to work fine after all. Clearly I was just not appreciating how much torque is needed to activate. Apologies for neglecting to report back and say thanks at the time.

Only issue I'm having now is an apparent lack of power!
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=111389

Back