MXUS XF15 very loud

charclo

1 µW
Hello,

I just installed a MXUS XF15 front hub motor on my cargobike, and it is working really well, except that it makes a lot of noise. On my normal ebike I have a Cute Q100h and you can barely hear that motor above the road noise. With the cargobike I can hear it even when listening to music with a headphone.
I tried a KT sine wave controller and a Vesc-based one with FOC but the noise remained the same.
I also tried opening the motor to see if there was something wrong inside but after removing all the screws it won't open up, it seems to be glued shut.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Yes, I was aware of this. But so is the Q100h, and that motor is a lot quieter. 65dB vs 85dB measured with a smartphone app

I finally was able to open the motor after looking at a youtube video from Grin Technologies. Just had to tap it on the floor after removing the screws from the side cover.

I don't see anything unusual in the motor except for one spot, but I don't think that is causing the problem.
IMG_2653.jpeg

I also made a video to demonstrate the noise I am hearing. It's not the high pitched noise but the lower resonating sound that makes it really loud, it's kind of embarrasing to ride the bike with this motor mounted. People can hear me coming from a mile away :wink:

[youtube]k0BMGWgLg9g[/youtube]

Back