Looking for suggestions on a 1000w+ hub motor

Hi Endless Sphere,

I'm looking to build my second ebike. My first is a 4200w mid drive Downhill bike. I have about 7000mi on it now and love it.

My bike is as reliable as it's going to get. The second bike is for my cat. I'd like to go with a hub so it's more reliable.

I live somewhere with lots of hills, I'm not looking to go fast but not looking to pedal either.

Any recommendations on geared hub drives in the 1000-3000w range? I'd prefer a reputable dealer in the US as the build will be shared on socal media.

I'm a big fan of the Cycle Analyst. It's been 3yr since my build. At the time there was no alternatives. I'm still most likely going with a CA but is there any alternatives available these days?

Thanks Adam

MAC geared motor is the one to find, Luna sells it, looks like right now they only got a 6T and no controller options available.

Perhaps Grin's GMAC motor would be even better for hilly areas as you could use regen. With Phaserunner and CA the motor drag could be eliminated with the "electronic freewheel" function.

professor_pouncey said:
The second bike is for my cat.
Thanks Adam

Dammit I wish my cat would ride with me. Nope. Always sleepin in the windowsill.

I love my direct drive ATF filled QS205 35H 1000w motor overvolted to 4Kw with 8Kw peaks. The qs motor is a good 1000w motor.

professor_pouncey said:
The second bike is for my cat.
How big is the cat? (some of them are people-sized, so you might need more power....)

I live somewhere with lots of hills, I'm not looking to go fast but not looking to pedal either.
How steep a hill, and how long? You need to know that, along with the weight of the whole system/rider/cargo/etc, and worst-case headwinds, to make sure you get enough power to go up the hills without overheating the motor.

I'm a big fan of the Cycle Analyst. It's been 3yr since my build. At the time there was no alternatives. I'm still most likely going with a CA but is there any alternatives available these days?
What specific features do you want? There isn't anything that does everything the CA does, but there are certain things that do one, some, or many, depending on which exact things you need it to do and how you need it to do them.

DogDipstick said:
Dammit I wish my cat would ride with me. Nope. Always sleepin in the windowsill.
Build a windowsill onto the bike. ;)

Back