bionx ds3/rc3 upgraded from G2 success but no assist

rhythx

1 µW
Hello,

My G2 display had been dropped one two many times so I purchased the RC3/DS3 upgrade kit with the BIB interface box.

I was able to get it all working, and was able to upgrade my battery and motor with a single click. Yay! The Bi2 software communicates with everything and I can see and edit the hundreds of debug parameters no problem.

So now the system looks great. The colour display comes up, I can see the speed as I ride, the battery shows the correct charge, and I can change the assist level.

Unfortunately, no matter what assist level I choose, I get none! Was there something I should have done after the upgrade? I don't understand all the parameters, but they don't look wildly incorrect. I'm hoping it's something simple.

Would greatly appreciate any advice!

Interesting challenge you have here. Based on my work with 5 Bionx motors of my own - P350's and D500's - no, there is nothing you should have needed to do after the upgrade and even any little tweaks you may have tried with the BIB access.

There is an option to put everything back to 'factory default' or system default, something like that (little rusty here since I last used my BIB). I would try that option, test ride the bike and see if it's working properly and then make any tweaks you want after.

What type of motor are you running is the other question one should ask?

Cheers

Back