Low Speed Regenerative Braking Question

lukef

1 µW
Howdy,

Had a query on regen braking.
I am looking at using a 3KW brushless hub motor (QSMotor) and was wondering if a Sabvoton 72200 controller
would allow very low RPM regenerative braking, in the order of 60rpm. I am using it in a non ebike application to hold towing tension torque at specific levels (at least 50kg of tow force) when paying out. My intended battery was 72v.

My very basic understanding is that to allow the voltage of the hub when functioning as a generator to be sufficient to overcome the battery voltage for towing at low RPM(to allow charging), the controller needs to alternively short the motor and then switch it to the battery before there is sufficent RMP to achive the voltage normally, something like that ? Do controllers that support regen braking do this automatically or only a limted few ?

Also when I get the money to invest in suffcient batteries to support driving the motor to wind in at a costant force (also 50kg tow tenion) I wanted as much force as I can buy, would I sacrifice low speed regeneration the higher the KW rating of the motor.

If someone might be able to help me I'd be most thankful, I realise this is an e-bike based community but seems to be the best place to ask this type of question.

Cheers
Luke

Back