Help identifying hub motor specs. KV and Pole Pairs?

rodgerh34

1 µW
I've been struggling trying to identify my hub motor. The only markings are what appears to be a serial number. It's laced with motorcycle spokes to a 19" motorcycle rim. It was installed on an Enduro Ebike.

I've ordered a phaserunner and need to know the KV and pole pairs to set it up. I have the brake side cover off.

Almost certain this is the motor. I don't see the information I was looking for. Can pole pairs with the winding/magnet information? Is the 480 rpm unloaded the same as KV?

Screenshot (7).png

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

46 magnets, so 23 pole pairs.

480 rpm @ 48v. So 480/48=10. So presumably 10kV, if the listed specs are accurate for your motor.

HK12K said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

46 magnets, so 23 pole pairs.

480 rpm @ 48v. So 480/48=10. So presumably 10kV, if the listed specs are accurate for your motor.

Thanks for your reply. I’d found a spec sheet for a. QS 205/50 3t and it stated the KV was a bit higher than that. Would the correct KV input only make data (rpm/mph) accurate? If it were wrong would I be risking damage?

I haven't used a Phaserunner so can't say for sure why it's asking or what it's doing with that information. My Adaptto and Nucular both determine kv through autodetect.

Saw the following mentioned elsewhere for the qs205 v3 50h if it helps at all

qs_motor_winding_medium.jpg

Which would seem to suggest the motor you showed above may not be a qs205, if their listed specs are accurate anyway.

Back