Sur Ron: street legal vs "derestricted" vs "X" - acceleration?

helpfulguy

10 W
Hi,

1)
Will the street legal get better acceleration (from stand still) if derestricted, or is it only a top speed derestriction?

2)
Do the street legal and the "X" version share controller? If not, will the street legal get better acceleration if fitted with an "X" controller?

3)
I have heard the BAC give more power but slightly worse acceleration due to reasons - true/untrue?

Hi, my l1e on ECO (street mode) draws half of full power which is in sport mode and after reaching about 40km/h - some motor RPMs it will stop accelerating more and constantly cruising 40km/h. On ecomode it have also smaller phase current - smaller acceleration than sport mode, on ECO is always turned off regen braking. If you have some newer L1E you have same controler as surron X, I was unlucky and probably I have one of the first L1E and my controller was different, drawed only 60A, classic X controller draws about 80A, so i shunted it to 125A :D - you can find it in surron thread.
About BACs i cannot compare, i dont have it :D

As far as I know, all the X controllers will behave the same whether they are on the street legal version or the dirt version. They changed the controller at some date.

The ASI can be programmed for much better acceleration, but you are limited by the battery. With a stronger battery, the ASI can greatly outperform the stock controller.

Back