bafang brake cutoff switch options

Motofox

100 µW
Hi,

im using the bafang magnetic sensors at present and ones become faulty and the other one is really unreliable so im thinking of cutting the ends off and replacing with switches that i can glue to the levers.

What kinda switch is needed, will any micro switch work and im gussing it has to be a momentary type ?
Im thinking the little tiny ones you find in ebrake levers

cheers

martin

Motofox said:
Hi,

im using the bafang magnetic sensors at present and ones become faulty and the other one is really unreliable so im thinking of cutting the ends off and replacing with switches that i can glue to the levers.

What kinda switch is needed, will any micro switch work and im gussing it has to be a momentary type ?
Im thinking the little tiny ones you find in ebrake levers.

cheers

martin

Depends on how you mount them, but if you have them actuate when the brake lever isn't pressed, like most cheap switched levers are, then you need normally closed (NC) switches.

When I got rid of my cheap kit ebrake levers, I mounted some regular short levers (non-hydraulic),and drilled a hole to fit a push button switch into the lever. Releasing the brake lever pushes the switch (to Open). I covered the switch housing with shrink wrap to pretty them up. You may need to get creative for hydraulic brake levers, but seems like it wouldn't be too hard.

OP, can detail what it was that made the brake switches malfunction and become unreliable? To me this is one of the more problematic issues with a bafang install and hydraulic brakes. It's workable, but a bit of a PITA.

i cutout the micro push button switches from cheap ebrake levers on a previous bike and used them and they never failed in over a thousand miles.

2 days and the new magnetic bafangs where playing up.

need a source for some tiny switches

Back