2wd

Hello, everyone. Help me find a working scheme for connecting 2 KT controllers to one display, PAS, throttle, brake.

supportyclients said:
Hello, everyone. Help me find a working scheme for connecting 2 KT controllers to one display, PAS, throttle, brake.

I believe while the other components can be combined, but, assuming one battery, the display would need a 3 pole SPDT switch to toggle between controllers.

Of course a working scheme can be found for anything and everything so much as you have enough time and money and reverse engineering capabilities and it comes down to just that, how much time and how much money are you willing to spend? This is especially true if your at the forefront, however if the moon and sun line up then its simply a matter of reading posts and discerning what to do.

Good luck to you

markz said:
Of course a working scheme can be found for anything and everything so much as you have enough time and money and reverse engineering capabilities and it comes down to just that, how much time and how much money are you willing to spend? This is especially true if your at the forefront, however if the moon and sun line up then its simply a matter of reading posts and discerning what to do.

Good luck to you

:shock:

supportyclients said:

The short answer is to parallel the controller wires for throttle, PAS, and brakes-- but using the +5V wire from only one controller

There's no simple and satisfactory way to use a single display for two different controllers. If I wanted to use two KT controllers, I'd use two of the tiny LCD4 displays.

When building my 2wd cargo bike I had the same dilemma and was not able to find a practical solution. I went ahead and mounted two LCD3 displays. With the throttle and PAS wires paralleled between the two controllers I found that I could run either the front or rear motor by itself or both together. When using PAS I could make adjustments to the power levels independently. Most of the time I would keep the front motor one step lower than the rear which made it les likely for the front to loose traction. I ride a lot of desert back roads and this configuration was good in the deep sand.
You could keep the second display in a bag as long as you can reach in and find the power button.

I would dump the 2 display idea and use a Cycle Analyst v3 and split the throttle signal from that to the controllers. Plug the PAS and throttle sensors into the CAv3.

sleepy_tired said:
I would dump the 2 display idea and use a Cycle Analyst v3 and split the throttle signal from that to the controllers. Plug the PAS and throttle sensors into the CAv3.

The OP would need to add a shunt to measure the total current, and choose one of the two controllers to pick up the hall signal for the speedo, or an external speed sensor.

Back