Cycle Analyst - Solar Shunt Parameter

I have my setup working great for the past 3 summer but this year, I had an electrical problem and my solar reading was all wrong, -1400 instead of the regular +300 Watts and it was very unstable.

I repair the original electrical problem, but reading was still wrong, so I decide to buy another Solar Shunt from Grin Technologies on Ebikes.ca.

It is a little different from the others that have bought before from them.

Reading are now a lot more stable but I can seems to get the exact reading that I get directly from the solar panel.

I tried to change the A/V scale and the zero offset without success so far.

Does the new shunt need different values than the original ?
What else could be the problem ?

my solar bike
https://amaliasolar.wordpress.com

Do you know the value of the shunt in question ( written on side) (A/V) scale.. and tell us what it is? Is it a normal number? How big is the shunt? Do you have it set on loow power or high powe mode?

I ahve one in a system that is custome values and it works great. Accurate down to 1/100 of the max rated value of the shunt.

thank you :)
reading your message , I realize that I never saw a R value so I guess it is not a shunt
looking at the picture here , I can only see +/- 16A
https://ebikes.ca/solar-current-sense.html

I was able to change the A/V scale value and it was better but as time went on, I had to gradually lower the value back to the default one. Now it seem pretty good and stable but the reading is always higher than inline reader that I have. I just dont know which one is giving the best reading of the two.

As for the zero offset value, I can't seem to be able to change it on the Cycle Analyst, it is always flickering, not sure why.

SunPoweredWorldTour said:
thank you :)
reading your message , I realize that I never saw a R value so I guess it is not a shunt
looking at the picture here , I can only see +/- 16A
https://ebikes.ca/solar-current-sense.html

I was able to change the A/V scale value and it was better but as time went on, I had to gradually lower the value back to the default one. Now it seem pretty good and stable but the reading is always higher than inline reader that I have. I just dont know which one is giving the best reading of the two.

As for the zero offset value, I can't seem to be able to change it on the Cycle Analyst, it is always flickering, not sure why.

It is a shunt, you must know the mV/A drop of the applicable voltage flowing through this. The correct value must be set in the CA for the data algorithm.... calculation of the current passing.

V=IR.

Apply a KNOWN current (I) to the shunt at a certain KNOWN voltage (V)... The more accurate the better.

Solve for R.

R is the value to input to the CA3.

Email Grin for this info if you dont want to find it empirically. They know the correct value for sure. Yes I did not see any R number on teh GRIN listing, nor documentation.. but they know for sure. They are nice just email them for the correct values.. I am sure someone would love to help.

Back