Pinout for Rad Rover/Bam Supreme 2020 controller (YCSY165-03-48T)

Tobes

1 µW
Hello,

I have a YCSY165-03-48T Controller (picture attached) that I am trying to troubleshoot/replace. However, I cannot find any documentation for this speed controller online. It is part of my EWheels Bam Supreme bike, but I am 99% sure this controller/pinout also works for the Rad Rover.

The pins I am specifically interested in are the pins that go from the controller to the motor (pictures attached). My bike connects to a Bafang 750W motor (RM G060.750D). It is a 9 pin Julet connector, and I believe 3 wires are for the phases (those are in the middle), 5 hall effect sensor wires and 1 speed sensor (or temperature sensor) wire. I can tell the three phases are together in the middle, and the 5 hall effect sensors are together on the outside opposite of the speed (or maybe temperature?) sensor. However I do not know which ones are which and what voltage the signal should be at.

If someone could share this pinout that would be super helpful. Thank you!

Attachments

• ControllerToBafangMotorConnector9PinJulet_MotorConnection.JPG
    ControllerToBafangMotorConnector9PinJulet_MotorConnection.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 283
  • ControllerToBafangMotorConnector9PinJulet_SpeedControllerConnection.JPG
    ControllerToBafangMotorConnector9PinJulet_SpeedControllerConnection.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 283
  • ControllerPicture.jpg
    ControllerPicture.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 283
It seems you will be splicing a new connector onto either the motor or the controller? If so, just match the wires by color and thickness. Three thick wires, yellow, blue, green. Six thin wires. Red & Black are 5 volt power. Yellow, blue, and green are the phases. White is speed sensor, and on most Bafang motors pulse 6 times per revolution.

I've spliced the Julet motor connectors several times. The colors always have matched for me on different controllers and motors.

To the best of my knowledge this is the standard pin-out and color code for Julet 9 pin cables:Julet 9 Pin Connector Pin-Out (standard).jpg
The arrow indicates the index mark on the exterior of the connector housing.

Hello,

Thank you for the replies. I have a 9 pin Julet pinout that looks a little different. I finally was able to get a hold of the manual and in the manual had a blurry image of a wiring diagram. I have attached it (and added some clarification on what is written because the image is so blurry). Although the diagram does not give the pinout, it does give the color which looks like it confirms that that color scheme is the same.

Attachments

• Bam_EbikeWiringDiagram.jpg
    Bam_EbikeWiringDiagram.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 240
  • BAMNOMAD Manual.pdf
    859.1 KB · Views: 37
Back