3077 controller failure - replace with baserunner L10?

bengee

100 mW
I’m in need of a new controller. I’ve been powering a MAC 2000W 8T rear hub, with a 52V battery (14S7P). The controller I have been using is a 12fet 3077 and came with the bundle I purchased from em3ev. The controller has now failed me and I’d like to upgrade to something less budget.

Not having experience in controllers, I thought I’d try grin tech, due to their great reputation. The only compatible controller in stock is their baserunner L10.

Is this my best option? What other competing options are available?

Ideally I want something that runs silently.

Once you get serious about eBikes better to go for more controller. Baserunner is good, depends on your riding style. If you like to push it then maybe a Phaserunner would be better. Having more than you need = longevity and less down time. They pay me now or pay me later.

On Grin's site, in motor simulation, how do "cool" and "hot" L10 models differ?

ZeroEm said:
Once you get serious about eBikes better to go for more controller. Baserunner is good, depends on your riding style. If you like to push it then maybe a Phaserunner would be better. Having more than you need = longevity and less down time. They pay me now or pay me later.
Informacje o Bitcoin Profithttps://seriale.best/

I agree with you. It makes sense. But we are only human and we must test and learn from our mistakes.

When a controller get's hot it cuts back power as not to over heat. A cool controller will deliver more power until it heats up. Another reason not to get a controller that is to small.

Everyone would like to buy low cost and small motors, controllers and batteries. If it's your first eBike you don't really know yet. Most buy small then want more. This is why when you ask questions everyone grills you for information. Be real about what you want, then understand what you can do with what you built. Pushing it to the limits all the time is ok if you like working on it all the time and don't mind burning it up.

If you match everything right and just run below the limits you will get years out of it. Not everyone is the same so you need to find someone that rides like you do and see what they are doing.

You burning up controllers, figure out why.. Could be a bad batch of controllers, not match to your power needs. Could be other things like don't work well with your motor or out of phase or your running it in a bag or not out in the wind or needs a heat sink or bigger wires.

Easy way is to over size a little or just limit yourself to full power for a few secs.

by Comrade » Oct 24 2021 8:21am

On Grin's site, in motor simulation, how do "cool" and "hot" L10 models differ?

ZeroEm said:

The bike is definitely in need of an upgrade. When I first bought this kit I was on a tight budget. I'm now able to spend much more on the bike.

I wish I could get my hands on a phaserunner. They're sold out and according to Grin Tech, not expected to be in stock until Summer 2022 at the earliest.

I've had to settle with a baserunnerL10 for now. I was also looking at Sabvoton. Are they reliable do you know?

I should add; my original controller didn't burn out. The bike was in storage for a while and the controller must have got knocked in transit. Since posting this I took the controller apart and a loose capacitor fell out the housing. I tried resoldering but had no luck on that front.

The baserunner and Phaserunner is a customize ASI product. The next thing above the Phaserunner is the ASI BAC555.

Have not went to the programable controllers yet. mostly due to funding.

If you do not understand the difference please read up on it. The base/Phaserunner you get Grin's support and that is worth a lot.

I bought 3 Grinfineon controllers 2 40A and a 20A over 3yrs and have not had any problems. one 40a is still sitting in a box. You could get one of these until you get a higher end controller. Does not hurt to have a backup if you have the room and funds. (Shipping is costly at the moment)

ASI vendor has a thread here and will help when you buy from him.
ASI BAC Controllers Worldwide Vendor

Another would the Micro Nucular controller 6F would be a good choice if you have a year or so to wait.

There are threads here on the KT controller and other cheap one's that seem to work as long as you can match up the wiring.
35a is all I really need that is match with my battery and motor. To run more amps (bigger controller) then you need a more robust battery and make sure the wires into your motor do not melt or over heat the motor.

Once you start down the quest for more power it does not end. I'm just wanting a FOC controller.

My soldering skills or is it my eyes are not good enough to work on controllers.
I should add; my original controller didn't burn out. The bike was in storage for a while and the controller must have got knocked in transit. Since posting this I took the controller apart and a loose capacitor fell out the housing. I tried resoldering but had no luck on that front.

Back