Fiido L3 Throttle wires

Anio58

10 mW
Throttle wiresI got a matching throttle and controller. They go together.
Hi. I was wondering if you could help me? I have the Fiido L2. And I want now to upgrade to the L3. But there is something I am stumped on. The connectors on the controller has 4 wires(grey white brown and black) into 1 for both the brakes and the throttle. And the grey and white are supposedly for the brakes. And the throttle is a Julet 3pin. I bought the extension cables Julet 3 pins. But I dont know exactly where each of the 3 wires connect to. I was hoping maybe you could help me ? There is not anyone for at least 300 miles around here that will even look at my bike, because they do not sell it.

Anio58 said:
......There is not anyone for at least 300 miles around here that will even look at my bike......

Where is "here"?
Step 1: chick on your name, User Control Panel, Profile. Then at least enter your country. Telling us your location also helps.

Throttles: Throttles very often have more then three wires, but the hall sensor that controls the throttle voltage return to the controller only requires three wires. The voltage feed wire (usually red and carries 5v+) The throttle ground (usually a dark color like black or dark blue) And a voltage return wire (usually a light color like white).

Meter your controller throttle connector wires to see which set of wires (two wires) that are 5v and then the third is the return voltage wire.

Also, post some pictures of what you have. It could help us help you.

:D :bolt:

This is the Julet 3 pin from the throttle to the controller below. The 3 open wires I will connect to the controller. Once I am able to figure it all out.

Attachments

• 20220521_161015.jpg
    20220521_161015.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 447
I am guessing that the red and black wires carry 5v. And the gray wire also shares the black wire as a ground.

The white wire is the voltage return from the hall sensor.

e-beach said:
I am guessing that the red and black wires carry 5v. And the gray wire also shares the black wire as a ground.

The white wire is the voltage return from the hall sensor.

You could take the pic and draw lines to where I should connect the throttle wires to the controller wires ? Please ?

Show me a picture of your throttle wire connector.

Here it is again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-092845_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220530-092845_Chrome.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 417
I would say Red to Red - Black to Black - White to White.

This is the sequence I would use.

Plug your battery to your controller.
If the controller has a switch turn it on.
Use your meter to check for a voltage on the red and black wires on the controller throttle connector.
It should be around 5v.
Connect the red and black throttle wires to the controller (Red to red. Black to black.)
Connect your meter to the black wire of the throttle and the white wire to the throttle.
Engage the throttle and see if the voltages go up and down as you twist and release the throttle.
It should be from just under 1v to just under 5v (something like .8v to 4.6v)

If it works like I just described, connect the white wire on the controller connector to the white throttle wire.

Back