Help usb not recognized when trying to connect sabvoton to PC(ran tne lil program to instal .inf driver)

Bobby.T

10 mW
josephm15234 said:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5fph-dcFoTE09kwI8wKYbXgV-61VyvB?usp=sharing

NOTE These setting shown are not my settings. These are the setting shown by default for the purpose of making this post. With the exception of setting current unlock. That setting is how I have it!

This is the link to the current unlock and the new updated software.

You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run the current unlock. If you already have it installed you shouldn't have to do steps 1 and 2. Just download the MQCON-current unlock.exe, run it, connect to your controller, click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay.

1) Download the folders. Google drive will say it detects a virus in a couple files and will not zip them. you'll need to locate it and download it individually and put them in its original location. The most import one is ni-usi1.cab and is required to install the MQCON software and is located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume\bin\p7
5DTNILz.png

2) After downloading the ni-usi1.cab file and placing it in the P7 folder, run the setup.exe located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume. Finish the install and restart your computer.

3) After doing so you'll be able to run the current unlock software. Run it and connect to your controller. Click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay
BmWQQh8.png

The updated software is what allowed me to use a second throttle as variable regen. It's located in Sabvoton Controller Manual & Software v1.1 > Software folder and is the MQCON V2.1 20180122 updated, temp sensor optional.exe. You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run it. Do so by following the previous steps for installing. (There is a 32 bit USB driver that google flags as a virus and doesn't download. Don't know how critical it is). In this newer software there's additional options that allowed me to set up my second throttle for variable regen. Your controller has to have this additional input though for it to work.
adiS3SW.png

There are some tricks to get it all set up and communicating properly that escape me as I set this up a while ago.

I have been fighting this for a few days and need help, I have the pc app installed, I have the ch64 bit drivers installed but everytime I plug the controller to my laptop it refuses to recognize it. Do I need a special USB cable? I am usung a simple usb male to usb male cable.

Need help!! Trying to connect a sabvoton 96120 to pc. I purchased the controller with the bluetooth adapter and that works fine but I would like to connect via pc to run the unlocker program. I bought a generic usb male to male cord, installed the mqcon software and installed the ch64 drivers but no matter what I try the PC will not recognize the usb to the controller. What am I doing wrong?

Bobby.T said:
Need help!! Trying to connect a sabvoton 96120 to pc. I purchased the controller with the bluetooth adapter and that works fine but I would like to connect via pc to run the unlocker program. I bought a generic usb male to male cord, installed the mqcon software and installed the ch64 drivers but no matter what I try the PC will not recognize the usb to the controller. What am I doing wrong?
Can you link to the USB cable you purchased? it might help us help you find the issue, if they specify enough information there.

Which version of windows are you using?

Where are you plugging the USB cable into on the Sabvoton?

How are you powering the Sabvoton?

Which specific program are you trying to run on the PC?

amberwolf said:
Bobby.T said:
Can you link to the USB cable you purchased? it might help us help you find the issue, if they specify enough information there.

Which version of windows are you using?

Where are you plugging the USB cable into on the Sabvoton?

How are you powering the Sabvoton?

Which specific program are you trying to run on the PC?

I don't have a link to the cable sorry,
windows 10
the usb plugs into the the usb port that the Bluetooth adapter normally plugs into
the sabvoton 96120 is hooked up to a 23s70ah 150amp bms lithium
I am trying to use the mqcon PC software

Without knowing which specific cable you are using, I can't help. Best I can do is advise the below:

USB cables are not all the same. There are plain wire-to-wire cables, there are cables that are USB hosts, there are extensions, there are powered cables with signal boosters, converters from one kind of USB to another or USB to serial, etc. There are even versions specific to different versions of USB, for different data rates, and connection types, and they dont' all provide the same interconnections. There are also cables only meant for charging, that dont' even have data lines. . There are also custom cables that *look* like standard USB cables but arent', that have custom electronics built into them somewhere. I dont' know which kind you have, so can't say if it is the one required by your application.

Your controller is likely to require a specific cable to do what you want to do. This should be specified in it's manual or on the Sabvoton / MQCon website where the software and controller comes from.

Without knowing what you're working with, it's pretty tough to figure out what might be wrong.

Bobby.T said:
I don't have a link to the cable sorry,
windows 10
the usb plugs into the the usb port that the Bluetooth adapter normally plugs into
the sabvoton 96120 is hooked up to a 23s70ah 150amp bms lithium
I am trying to use the mqcon PC software

Back