Programming A Controller

FilthyMutt

1 µW
Hello to all. A few years back I purchased a MAC 8T kit from Paul at Em3ev. Was powerful and efficient given my choice of a 6 FET controller configured with 3077 FET's. Now, as is widely known, Paul/EM3ev no longer offers MAC kits. So I began searching out another source and happened upon Cutler MAC. Dealing with Shelley I purchased a MAC 8T hub and 12 FET ( 4110 ) controller for $700 CAD total. The controller complete with a Cycle Analyst connector. Upon installation and first use I found the setup to be underwhelming and inefficient. And I knew that the controller was programmable so I contacted Shelley and requested the necessary software ( given that the necessary programming cable was included with the controller ). And Shelley provided. And once extracted via 7-Zip we have >>>>>

1. INSTALL THE DRIVER
2. COPY SYSTEM32 ALL FILES TO YOUR WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 FOLDER
3. CHANGE REGSVR32.BA TO REGSVR32.BAT ,RUNNING REGSVR32.BAT AS ADMINISTRATOR
4. RUNNING GPM 8F.EXE ,OK!

Install the driver???

Sorry, but I'm totally unfamiliar with programming a controller and need assistance as to how to proceed.

I'm assuming that the stock settings have both Speed Limit and Current Limit set to low levels. And 'soft start' is enabled.

Settings that need changing in order to improve overall performance.

Thank you in advance for any/all assistance.

FilthyMutt said:
1. INSTALL THE DRIVER

Install the driver???

You have to install the driver in order for the programming cable to be recognized, and copy over the files and change the registry to support the programming application.

E-HP,

Thank you for the reply. Your explanation is certainly helpful. But, where is the driver?

The software that Shelley of Cutler MAC provided me ( in the form of an email attachment ) was entitled... "software GMP.rar".

And upon opening same with 7-Zip we have three items >>>>>

( 1 ) A folder labeled "system32"

The files to be copied to the WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 FOLDER

( 2 ) A text file labeled "how to install.txt"

1. INSTALL THE DRIVER

( 3 ) a file labelled "regsvr32.ba"

"Regsvr32 is a command-line utility to register and unregister OLE controls, such as DLLs and ActiveX controls in the Windows Registry."

Shelley just got back to me. Moments ago. Informing me that she had re-sent the necessary software via WeTransfer.

And same is no different than the version sent previously as an email attachment. With the sole exception, that is, of an included screenshot of the actual programming utility itself.

Have now sent Shelley a request for the necessary driver files.

We shall see.

Amen to that.

Here's her reply >>>>>

"Hi Gary, I don't know the driver file. But here is the linking forum about programming. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14807 If you still have any problem, please let me know. Thanks, Shelley"

:)

Looks like I have some work to do!

FilthyMutt said:
Amen to that.

Here's her reply >>>>>

"Hi Gary, I don't know the driver file. But here is the linking forum about programming. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14807 If you still have any problem, please let me know. Thanks, Shelley"

:)

Looks like I have some work to do!

Good luck :bigthumb:
If you could post the model of your controller, that would help other folks that encounter the same problem as you, later, when they search and read this thread.

Back