Error 10 - SW900 Display - KT controller

klinger

1 µW
KT48ZWSRK

I have an eBay 1500w SW900/35a controller kit.

I hooked up regen braking on my controller, everything worked great for 1600 miles. But I stupidly had my controller open to figure out how to put firmware on it, and shorted two of the mosfets to the case and blew it up.

I bought the KT 50A controller here:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804374385837.html

to upgrade my bike, since my 35A controller is dead.

I hooked it up, same 5-pin LCD control connector.

Error 10.

* Tried the shunt method, grounding KT switched 58v and Bat, grounded the yellow wire, hooked up the throttle. No response from throttle.
* Hall and Motor wires are hooked up, same color and plug config
* Opened SW900 display, no visible burn marks or anything out of place.
* Cable in pristine shape, worked before

I'm hoping I fried my SW900, because there is just no communication. I tried reversing the wires, the shunt, d/c the motor/hall, same Error 10.

Can I use the Open Source firmware to do something to make my Aliexpress controller work with my SW900? Or do I have the wrong controller, or is there another way to verify my controller works?

KT Controller needs a KT display. The SW900 and LCD displays do have the same pinout, but give comm errors if mixed.

Did your controller come with the display shunt connector? That will allow it to power up and run with throttle and a default PAS level Sometimes you will get throttle and a PAS to work on a KT controller with a foreign display. Depends on whether the display shuts down the controller because of comm errors.

If it''s the 5pin JST, the jumper looks like this. You jumper red to blue. That sends battery voltage to the controller to turn it on. They jumper black to yellow. which grounds one of the data lines.

KT-Jumper.jpg

If your controller uses the round modular connectors, it can still be jumped, but you have to match the pins.

Back