KT Controller P5 Setting for 48V LiFePo4

kmxtornado

10 kW
Hi, I'm trying to make my battery level readout more accurate. Since a LiFePo4 battery has a very different state of charge chart than a Li-Ion one, how should I properly set my P5 setting on my KT controller?

P5 is the battery monitoring settings which tells me how "full" my battery is using the bars.
52.0v is basically 30% on a LiFePo4, but for a Li-Ion battery, 30% would be 43.7v. There's basically a much tighter range of useable voltage on a LiFePo4 from how I understand it.

So what's happening is that my battery bar reads pretty much full all the time b/c it's always over 52v which is a lot higher than the 43.7v it thinks it should be at for 30% since the KT controller as I understand it is intended for Li-Ion batteries only and has no special setting to take into account the major differences for other lithium chemistries like LiFePo4.

Any way to get around this limitation? I have the LCD4 and although there's a voltage display, it seems like I have to toggle it each time to be able to read it. By default, it shows the odometer. I'd otherwise just use voltage instead of the battery bar. I guess I could stop being lazy and just press the button when I want to see the voltage but wondering if there was an easier way. Using an accurate battery bar, I can just glance down and see it in a flash. Was hoping for that if possible. I chose the LCD4 display for the stealth look on a DIY kit bike but didn't realize the particular limitation I'm experiencing. First world problems, I know. Haha.

TIA for your input.

Back