Guess he wasn't really interested in the swamp cooler, with no reply after a couple of weeks.
Anyway, speaking of swamp coolers, since I still haven't finished fixing mine, a friend brought me the "portable" one he uses in his shop/patio/etc., to borrow for the summer (or until I fix mine, at least):
I will have to make a duct to run from it's output to a window so I can properly use it to push air thru the house (rather than just keep adding humidity to existing internal air), but it works very well. I have not yet measured the temperature difference it can create at its output vs the intake air, but it feels like 20F or more. Should be enough.
FWIW, I haven't been riding CrazyBike2 (except for shopping trips) for the last week and a half or so; instead I have been riding the "new" Fusin Test Bike here:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39877
I definitely prefer CB2, mostly due to seating and cargo capacity, but it is nice to have full-suspension on the Fusin Test bike, making me want to finish CB2's ultimate replacement even more.
I had been doing some testing/troubleshooting on that Fusin test bike, when I was interrupted by the postman delivering a box of goodies from Methods. He had said he was sending it, but no full list of what was in there. Naturally I had to stop and see what was in it...
Batteries. Lots of 18650s, some individual little prismatics, and some RC LiPo -looking cells.
And a single A123 cell (I've never had one in my hands before, and somehow expected them to be smaller, though bigger than the 18650s).
No time to even really look thru them, so for now they all go in a box in the grill outside, just like my known-dud RC LiPo cells.
(just in case, you know? cuz the USPS beat the box up pretty bad)
Lots of connectors, including some alligator clips I actually was wishing I had more of, just a couple days ago...now I do! Lots of JST cables, which I can use to make Y-cables or extensions or whatever. Lots of little red high-current plugs that I forget what they're called, polarized. Some other assorted bits and bobs I didn't have time to really look thru yet.
At least part of an Eagletree setup; I haven't even read the labels on everything yet.
...presumably for this controller, which appears to be a monster, a prototype experiment, I think.
I hooked it up to CrazyBike2's 9C real quick, and it powers on and argues with the motor about which way it's trying to go, but I didn't have time to find the right phase/hall combo yet (I tried a couple of quick phase combo changes, one is forward but grindy and one is backward but grindy, and another is nohting at all but incredibly high current even just touching the throttle).
After I get done with the Fusin testing I need to finish (probably tomorrow night, I hope), I want to try hooking this thing up right and see if I can burn out CrazyBike2's motor (not really....but maybe see if I can wheelie it a little
There's also some prototype bits of the LVC/HVC system he's working on:
These will also eventually go on CB2, on the RC LiPo packs I am eventually going to get tested and repaired and built into a bigger /longer range pack or add-on pack to the existing experimental one. For now, they will get wired into the ammocan pack that's on the Fusin bike, as soon as I get a chance to do it.
Then those friends came by with that swamp cooler I pictured above, we went to the store and stuff, and time got away from me again. Then when I got back to the house (later than planned), another friend was already waiting for me, to pick me up so we could go get this:
It's an older powerchair, brushed motors just like what I used on CrazyBike2 the first time around, the little 300W 2-pole type I think.
Uses 2 35Ah SLA,
which were "recently replaced" by the last owner (probably several months or more ago, at a guess); who then replaced the whole chair when that didnt' fix his problems with it. It sat unused, until now when he's having his old place cleaned out, and rather than toss this like so much other stuff has had to be, my friend thought (correctly!) that I could use it.
For ease of lifting in transport, we took the seat off, batteries out, etc., so we could actually lift the things into and out of his truck.
It's recharging right now; was at 23.5V resting according to my WU meter (whcih already has the right Anderson SB50 on it to just plug right in). It's now charging using it's built-in charger, monitored with the WU, at about 2.8A (charger's max is 3A).
It does seem to work, though I only tested it as the chassis, with the joystick unit taken off the chair.
I didn't test all teh controls as the cover/labels has come off of them, and I have no idea which button does what (except I found the power button by accident, first try, by lucky guess, using a bit of metal to short the switch pads).
I'm not quite sure yet what I will turn it into....
Another tidbit that was going to be tossed is this old Sony Stereocorder, which is almsot identical to the old Sony Tapecorder I first experimented with recording my compositions on from my junky keyboard of the time. (I still have the tapes, but not the Tapecorder). I only had time to just plug it in and see if it would play, and it doesnt, but the capstan doesn't pop up and hold the tape against the rollers/etc like it should, so it will need disassembly and cleaning or repair (it was very dusty with sticky dust on the outside, could be inside, too). Gonna be a long while bfore I have time to do anything with it.
Now if I could just find some spare time (while still having an income) like I find these tidbits to work on, I could actually *do* something with them!