dead ultramotor a2b.

petedegan

1 mW
hey guys

i need help with my a2b. im having trouble with the relay module. all the componets are propriatary. a2b only supports dealers not customers. (i am dumb but my dealer is dummer so i am on my own.) So i have what i think is a fried relay box. any ideas ? (is this where a wise man would bring it into the shop ?) you guys are the best. thanks

there is a A2B googleforum too, mostly users i think.

your info is no help. not sure what you meant about applying current to the phase wire either. there should be 3 hall sensor wires, plus red and black to provide supply voltages for the hall sensors. is the controller integrated into the motor? did you take it apart yet?any pictures at all?

why do you say beat to hell?

Sounds to me like Pos. + Neg+ 4 pin throttle, and the controller is built into the hub?

sorry my discription was poor - the bike has 2 batteries- a couple relays, and a circuit board where the brake disconect charger port on off switch all converge. its a mess. what leaves this black box is 4 small wires and a large red and black. these 6 wires all pass thru the axle into the rear hub. when power is applied to red and black it shorts out. any ideas ?

petedegan said:
sorry my discription was poor - the bike has 2 batteries- a couple relays, and a circuit board where the brake disconect charger port on off switch all converge. its a mess. what leaves this black box is 4 small wires and a large red and black. these 6 wires all pass thru the axle into the rear hub. when power is applied to red and black it shorts out. any ideas ?

As was stated before, it appears that the controller is inside the motor housing, as would be your only access to the hall wires. Crack that puppy open and take good pics, so we can all see. If you're lucky you may have just damaged the wiring harness as it enters the hub. If the controller is blown, isn't that still under warranty. At those prices, multi-year warrantees should be standard on everything but the batteries, because for $2k the unit should be bullet proof.

John

Pictures! But, if opening the motor voids the warranty....Choose wisely.

Back