My dealer has a recently shipped 36 - 72V 40A Crystalyte controller. He says he thinks the amps & volts are adjustable via pots inside. I'm ready to try 72v on my 5304 rear, montague w/ torque arm. I would ride it wisely by not full throttle for long periods but I do ride over a mountain so there is lots of uphill but I'm always peddaling moderately/hard.
1) Have you tried this controller and what were the results.
2) Any other opinions on this setup?
3) Should I get a 30 or 35A controller instead? Where?
4) I do use a Drain Brain -- can it handle 40 amps?.
5) Would a 40 A contrl be more robust that the 25 or 30s that seem to have some problems?
Thanks for any info,