The ultimate hub motor chassis?

Geebee

1 kW
The ultimate hub motor chassis?
Front wheel drive with dual "rear" forks, 5" seat height and frame sub 2" ground clearance, ultra stable cornering and with twin v-brakes now fitted great stopping.
I have just put a 160w hub in the rear to test a few things and the stability went through the roof with 2x9ah batteries across the rear frame about 4" off the ground.
The front shot gives an idea of how low the air drag is.
Now if only I had a couple of 5 series hubs.:)

Attachments

• dadmtx_161a.jpg
    dadmtx_161a.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 2,458
  • dadmtx_167a.jpg
    dadmtx_167a.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 2,459
That's great! Where did you get that bike? Two x5's on back with a 100 volts between 'em and you'd be ready for the freeway. Of course drivers wouldn't see you down there; but at least you can outrun those vicious looking, sadly dying Tasmanian Devils.

I have yet to test ride one of these, but it sure looked nice in the bike shop:

http://www.catrike.com/speed.htm

A rear hub motor and some batteries would be just the thing to move the CG rearwards some.

xyster said:
That's great! Where did you get that bike? Two x5's on back with a 100 volts between 'em and you'd be ready for the freeway. Of course drivers wouldn't see you down there; but at least you can outrun those vicious looking, sadly dying Tasmanian Devils.

Would that qualify it as an AWD vehicle? :)

The blue frame is a Huffy Slider bought on sale to build this beast, the front triangle is of a 16" kids bike, the 2 rear forks are off 2 matching bmx bikes and the rear cross frame is welded up from some rectangular steel tubing.
Lowell, the Catrike is a nice machine but being a tadpole trike ie. 2 front wheels the last thing you want to do is move the center of gravity rearward. The machine in my avatar is a GT3 tadpole trike inside a shell.
Delta trikes 2 wheels at the rear are the opposite they need as much weight as possible at the rear to help with handling.
Cheers

Back