Headerless 18fet usb/ttl

SilverSurfer

100 W
My board didnt come with the infamous header i see on everyone elses. My board model...
DSC_2769.jpg

Thinking its no big deal, I dont need a darn header, I can hard wire to the board. Thing is, the headers hide the locations of the pins. And my board has six positions!

DSC_2801.jpg

This is what I think the headers used pins are going to. is this right? If its right, (wire colors are inmaterial) I know how to wire the converter from here. If its not right! Please! What IS right? Thanks! SS

so what your saying is this

file.php

shows what each pins value is on my board

and if I hook up the board like this

file.php

It will work.

So whats now the red wire on my board would be the Rx spot on the converter
and whats now the black wire on my board would be the Tx spot on the converter
I need to add a wire in the gap and that would be the Gnd on the converter
but my yellow and blue wires are BOTH on spots marked +5v on the board in that thread. Which one do I use. this is momentary switched line.

SS

Sorry bro, it almost helps. at least were on the same page, I mean board! Problem with this is that the ttl adapter has four pins. You show five wires. That could be an issue. The other question is, of those wires, how does each one corespond to the ttl adapter. I.E. Tx = color Rx = color Gnd = color Vcc = color. There in lies the fifth wire problem like I just said. only four pins in the adapter. If you can describe the conections using the wire colors by location on your board photo, that would be awsome! Of course, with the extra wire out! (Im assuming its one of the red ones since there only needs one power, and I think one is regulated the other non regulated (5v and 72v)

Lyen said:
Hello Silver! This is the way to wire the USB-TTL adapter. I hope it helps. :)

Sorry again my big brother Silver. Here is the clarification:

USB pads is counted from left to right below:

1. +5V Connect to pin 2 when program (do not permanently connect it when controller is in use)
2. +5V Connect to pin 1 when program (do not permanently connect it when controller is in use)
3. GND
4. Transmit
5. Receive

Procedure:
1. Connect pin 3,4,5 to the USB-TTL adapter
2. Click on the Start Transmit button
3. Connect pin 1,2 to the +5v pin of the USB-TTL adapter to start send

Your Truly,
Lyen

Alright! So the Gnd,Tx, and Rx are matched to the black, green, and white wires as on your board photo respectively. Then BOTH red wires are momentarily switched to the one Vcc pin on the converter for flashing the chip. Now, because BOTH red wires are momentarily switched together, I will need either a two pole momentary switch or two switches I would assume, as I would not want those to sides of the board in closed circuit together right? Im sorry if Im causing you stress, I just want to make sure I understand exactly what Im doing. thanks again, SS

SilverSurfer said:
Alright! So the Gnd,Tx, and Rx are matched to the black, green, and white wires as on your board photo respectively. Then BOTH red wires are momentarily switched to the one Vcc pin on the converter for flashing the chip. Now, because BOTH red wires are momentarily switched together, I will need either a two pole momentary switch or two switches I would assume, as I would not want those to sides of the board in closed circuit together right? Im sorry if Im causing you stress, I just want to make sure I understand exactly what Im doing. thanks again, SS

Yes, just connect both red wires to a two pin momentarily switch. See how I configure mine front & back of it below:

Perfect! I understand completely. Thats why you dont leave your dongle hooked up all the time, your regulated and non regulated voltage meet at the switch. I was going to leave my converter hooked up. Plenty of room for it in my junction box under the controller. Then all I would have to do to make a programming alteration is remove my box cover and hook up my usb cable. In order to leave the converter hooked up I would have to use a dpst momentary, to isolate the two voltages. another option is a 5 pin connector and my converter and cable stay connected from there to the 5 pin. That will probobly be the way to go, since if I use a dpst mom. it will change the characteristics of the circuit after the flash, ie. the two reds would be isolated after, your circuit theyre not. Thanks for all your help on this unique set up. definitly NOT as layed out in the other threads. Now hopefully I can get some flash bang! SS

Back