Adding CA Connector for SilverSurfer's 18 FET Controller

Lyen

10 kW
Hello Silver! Sorry to leave you in the dark for over 120 hours. I've been busy shipping things to many ES members here. But there is no excuse for me. I have made a thread here on how to wire it properly for you below so other members can benefit from it as well. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
So here we go:

1. Determine the pin number & colors to the connector:
03%20(CA%20Connector).JPG

2. Add a diode (1N4001) to pin number 6 (The negative of the diode goes towards the wire. Look at the picture carefully. Also, add a little PVC head shrink heat tube is ideal not not really needed):
06%20(Diode%20&%20PVC%20heat%20shrink%20tube).JPG

3. Solder a diode to the wire (Confirm the polarity):
07(Add%20Diode).JPG

4. Add heat shrink tube:
08%20(Add%20heat%20shrink).JPG

5. Short a resistor on R36:
01(Short%20R36).JPG

6. Solder in the blue wire with diode to the SLA pad:
02.JPG

10.JPG

09.JPG

To be continue...

7. Solder pin #1 to VK2+ and pin #4 to the shunt location below:
04.JPG

8. Pin #2 to GND-8 (next to XC -)
9. Pin #3 to GND-8 (between pad P3 & XC)
10. Pin#5 to HE below:
Pin6%20to%20HE.JPG

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

Bro, I think your note number 9 should read pin #3. Or you need to list pin 3's location if its not gnd 8.
Lyen said:
7. Solder pin #1 to VK2+ and pin #4 to the shunt location below:

8. Pin #2 to GND-8 (next to XC -)
9. Pin #2 to GND-8 (between pad P3 & XC)
10. Pin#5 to HE below:

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

Lyen,

excellent info. good work. could this be re-posted in the technical reference section?

rick

Pin 2 should really be connected close the the bottom of the shunt. I connect pin 3 there also.

Mike1 said:
Pin 2 should really be connected close the the bottom of the shunt. I connect pin 3 there also.

I believe you are correct as well Mike! I however do not see the differences in terms of accuracy. So this is just a personal preference for now until someone has hard evidence. Thanks! :)

now that i have your permission. I'll do a copy and paste of the thread as it is into the technical area.

rick

Back