New Infineon Controllers Ebike.ca RE: Auto Cruise

bionx 1954

100 W
Hi I just got my replacement Infineon 40 A controller , There was a recall on them. I installed it and found that sometimes the throttle stayed ON even though I released it. I almost had a accident, this would only happen sometimes. I was reading the info page at Ebike.ca and it seems that since July 1 some controllers now have a auto cruise as default. If the throttle is held for 7 or more seconds at the same position you DO NOT need to hold it any more it automatically send the signal. It can be turned off by touching the throttle or by pressing the Ebrake levers if enabled.

Well I do not have Ebrake levers and was startled when I released the throttle and the power was still on to the motor. Luckly I have a power cut off switch . It was pretty scary.

I emailed Ebike.ca about this and am waiting for more info, If this feature is now default there should be some WARNING included in the controller packaging

It can easily be programmed out in a couple of minutes, using the Parameter Designer. This sounds as if it was a simple glitch in the controller programming (easily done).

IIRC, you don't need the ebrake connected to kill the autocruise, just moving the throttle should kill it, at least until you hold it steady again for longer than the programmed time (which can also be set in Parameter Designer).

BTW, all of the Infineon/XieChang controllers seem to have this feature, even the oldest one I have has it. By default its not normally set to on, though, which seems to be the issue here.

Jeremy

I can remember riding through some guys lawn at full speed looking for somewhere soft to crash the first time I discovered that feature. But now that I expect it I think it's great.

Ebikes.ca definitely needs to update their website with info about the cruise, and start putting a warning sticker on the controller itself, methinks.

Yes I am sure that once you get use to it that it is a nice feature, As i said I emailed Ebike.ca yesterday and should hear back soon. YES there should be some warning that this feature is NOW default Neil

Hiya.. I have a 6 month old 25A infineon controller that came without this feature enabled. Can I thus enable this feature on my unit?

greglocke said:
Hiya.. I have a 6 month old 25A infineon controller that came without this feature enabled. Can I thus enable this feature on my unit?

Open it up, look for the little pad labled "CR" on the board. Solder a little jumper from it to ground. Or if you want to be able to selectively turn it on/off, solder a little wire from a ground pad and the CR pad, and run them outside the case and connect them to a switch somewhere.

Back