4 Series Nut Specs

Smoker

100 mW
Lost a nut for my 406. Can't find it at home depot (no metric). Anyone know the specification and a place in the USA to order from?

Smoker said:
Lost a nut for my 406. Can find it at home depot (no metric). Anyone know the specification and a place in the USA to order from?

pretty sure its going to be the same as my 408 - i just had to get nuts.

Its an M12 1.25 thread nut (metric). maybe see if u can get a locking nut, or one with a flange on one side - to provide a better hold to the dropouts.

i bought the metric nuts yesterday - had to go to a car parts shop though to get them - could also give them a try. The large Aussi hardware store didn't carry the right (fine) thread.

smoker,

I stripped the nut on my 406 and had to replace it. You can find M12, 1.25 from an auto part store-- in the tire section. Apparently it is a lug nut-- but it's not popular anymore so you might have a tough time finding one. I've been using acorn style M12, 1.25 lug nuts with much success.

The autoparts store keeps their lugnuts separate from the other fastner hardware so you're going to have to ask about the tire section specifically.

as john stated - if you cna get a lug nut to fit do that since it will also protect the thread of the bike, and should provide a very good and tight holding force.

Back