Electric power trike PDQ - Throttle HELP!

troy99

1 µW
Hi, I'm looking for a replacement twist grip hand throttle for my Mums Electric Trike Wheelchair, it was made by a now 'out of business' company called PDQ. I have been advised that its a "magnetically operated proximity centre throttle".

I did purchase a throttle for an electric scooter but it had no control over the speed and I've been told it's because it's a 'variable' throttle.
I tried contacting a company that bought some of the old stock and said it would cost £70 for a replacement, which I'm sure is rather expensive!

I have attached a picture of the old throttle that shows a broken wire that was attached to what I assume is a hall sensor, it looks too fiddly to repair.

The front wheel of the trike has a 150watt motor powered by a 36volt battery

Any help would be great

Thank you in advance

Troy

Best bet would be to replace the linear hall sensor from the throttle (the throttle housing is not physically broken is it?). Search here for replacing a throttle hall sensor, there is a short thread with compatible part numbers and they are pretty cheap too.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply, I did find a post on here about replacing the sensor but I've look inside and the sensor appears to be glued in place, if I could get it out then maybe I could attempt (or get sometone less heavy handed) to re-soldier the wire to the exhisting sensor (or a new one)

I'm hoping that someone might post a link to a whole new (and compatable) throttle.

thanks for you help though, it might still be an option, but if I can replace it for around 15-20 pound that might be best!

troy

Hi, i finally got the sensor out (actually someone else did) but it fell apart and there is no evidence of any numbers (typical). I've been posting on another forum, and someone has kindly been offering me lots of advice based on information I was asked for and posted.
here is the link to our discussion

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/6743-broke-my-throttle-3.html

His suggestion is to replace it with a HONEYWELL S&C - 2SS52M based on the voltage readings I got from the wires coming out of the powertrikes control box!
If anyone has any thoughts on this or knows of a throttle that should match the information it would be most welcome!
Thank you
Troy

Back